bunch of whiners

3 replies to this topic
  • dodge03

Posted December 24, 2005 - 11:04 PM

I live in texas and the place i mostly ride is in the woods lots of hills and rocky trails i ride a mostly stock 03 yz450 my concern is the guys i meet there who tell me that my bike is not set up for trail riding. i do not think so, because when i lead and others follow i have to stop after each technical section and wait for them to catch up. if there are open areas of the trail i am told to slow down because the others cannot keep up. these people are not slow riders or beginers some have more experience than me. should i try to set up my bike for the type of terrain i ride or should i find different people to ride with? :applause:

• falshh

Posted December 24, 2005 - 11:09 PM

Dude everyone is doing mods and trying to improve there skill to do what you are doing, sound like you should leave it as is, and keep on whippin everyone.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted December 25, 2005 - 12:00 AM

Well, what I would do when they tell me that, given what you say happens on the trail is just smile and say, "Yeah. I know."

You would probably like the bike better overall with some added flywheel weight ( I know I do), and you could gear it down a little for the tighter trail areas as long as you won't be handicapped by the loss of speed in fourth, but I ride in some fairly nasty spots some of the time and mine's geared higher than stock, and I do alright. Don't let them bug you. And don't give up any riding buddies over it, either.

• 00YZ426FMRCD

Posted December 25, 2005 - 01:35 PM

I would find some better people to ride with and tell them they are a bunch of SLOW...whiners! :bonk: Just Joking. The bike you have is a great all around bike. A few mods such as gearing, flywheel weight and maybe a Z-Clutch and you have the ultimate woods bike that will be much easier to ride. The only problem is that you will be even faster - so second thought, Ys you should find some faster people to ride with... :applause:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.