3rd gear wheelies?

24 replies to this topic
  • Fordskin

Posted December 26, 2005 - 08:31 PM

The original question was whether an uncorked otherwise stock 650r will wheel stand by itself in third gear without any effort from the rider not whether you can wheelie through the gears while its up there. I am sure there would be riders out there that could do that. It seems that there are "freak' bikes out there that will stand up no worries by them selves in 3rd but the majority won't. The question now is why? :applause:

• Max Power

Posted December 26, 2005 - 08:38 PM

The original question was whether an uncorked otherwise stock 650r will wheel stand by itself in third gear without any effort from the rider not whether you can wheelie through the gears while its up there. I am sure there would be riders out there that could do that. It seems that there are "freak' bikes out there that will stand up no worries by them selves in 3rd but the majority won't. The question now is why? :applause:

The answer is in fact..... No.

I guess we can wrap this thread up. If you are talkin to Wr say hi for me.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RJC

Posted December 26, 2005 - 11:09 PM

You want me to ride along behind him with a video camera and e-mail it to you ?? Besides, the "talkers" here are the 250lb. riders claiming 3rd and 4th gear effortless power wheelies.. Facts are, you can ride a highway speed wheelie on just about anything that will run that fast if you are good enough, the best wheelie guy I ever rode with did it on a KDX 200.. If you haven't seen it then all I can assume is that you haven't ridden with anybody thats any good.. Cause I promise you it can be done.. :applause:

Hey, I believe you. Been there. Done that. With the famous and the unknowns (but also great). I just like to watch it when I'm bored-again, and again and again.... :bonk:

• TimBrp

Posted December 27, 2005 - 04:00 AM

Your gearing is off. Try 14/50 or 14/51 and your 3rd gear wheelies will come easy. It's all about skill. Needing power to wheely just reflects your skill level. You see guys wheelie those lil 50's around all day long....

• Bob East

Posted December 27, 2005 - 09:23 PM

You're just a mere pup!!! I broke my ankle on my fifth parachute jump
when I was 44 and that was 11 years ago. Almost every summer, I ride
the Seattle to Portland bicycle classic in one day, 205 miles on a pedal
road bike. However, I agree with you about road rash, it really sucks!!

Rgds,
Bob East

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.