yellow wire?

6 replies to this topic
  • redmansz400

Posted December 24, 2005 - 07:27 PM

i took the seat off and found a yellow wire that was disconnected. it was with a black and a blue wire going to the tail light. what is this one for?

• toyota_mdt_tech

Posted December 24, 2005 - 07:53 PM

Redman, I know the yellow on my WR450F is power to the headlamp and the blue goes to the rear for running light. Not sure on your bike. Do you have a shop manual for this bike? Maybe somebody with a 400 wiring diagram may be more help than me.

• 4mud

Posted December 24, 2005 - 08:02 PM

Without going to look, I would say it is for the brake light. Since the WR is street legal in some parts of the world the tail light is pre-wired for a brake light and already has a dual element bulb in it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bg10459

Posted December 24, 2005 - 08:40 PM

Without going to look, I would say it is for the brake light. Since the WR is street legal in some parts of the world the tail light is pre-wired for a brake light and already has a dual element bulb in it.

Yeah, I would guess it's for the brake light too. I would say that's power to your switch, which would then get wired to the other filament.

• redmansz400

Posted December 24, 2005 - 08:54 PM

did do the WR's come from the factory street legal? i would like to make mine but i don't know what all i will need. i'll start a new post

• WheelsUp

Posted December 24, 2005 - 11:44 PM

They are sold plated in Oz, but if you have a "C" or a "3" in the 8th position on the Vin, you'll never get anything but a red sticker for the WR.
If it's a newer green-sticker WR, then you CAN get it plated with a Baja Designs kit, but if it's already been titled with a green sticker for offroad, that's no longer an option.

Only hope is to plate it in AZ.

• JMathis

Posted December 25, 2005 - 03:18 PM

It is for the brake light switch.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.