• redmansz400

Posted December 23, 2005 - 10:28 PM

????? :applause:

• redmansz400

Posted December 23, 2005 - 10:37 PM

seriously

• redmansz400

Posted December 23, 2005 - 10:40 PM

i took the top four little 10mm bolts out. do i need a hex wrench for the axle?

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted December 23, 2005 - 10:41 PM

On your bike you first need to remove the plastic guard that guards the front brake cable, there are two bolts that hold it on, after you remove the plastic guard you'll see the axle nut, remove the axle nut, next, loosen the 10mm pinch bolts that hold the axle in place... After that, remove the axle from the bike, you might have to tap the axle with a rubber mallet to free it.

• redmansz400

Posted December 23, 2005 - 10:42 PM

does it spin clockwise or counter?

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted December 23, 2005 - 10:54 PM

Counter..................................(you're kidding right?)

• redmansz400

Posted December 23, 2005 - 10:56 PM

damn i just made it harder on myself then :applause: :bonk:
no i wasn't kidding

• redmansz400

Posted December 23, 2005 - 10:58 PM

thanks dan

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted December 23, 2005 - 11:06 PM

anytime... just sittin here drinkin another cold one.... :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ARin

Posted December 24, 2005 - 12:21 AM

if you dont own a manual, they are a wise, and cost-effective investment.

hit up ebay.

• tmckeown

Posted December 24, 2005 - 12:28 AM

Arin,

You know how us men work :cry:
Last resorts is that RTFM method :bonk:
Read The ***king Manual

Timo Mc

Merry Christmas to everyone :applause:

• redmansz400

Posted December 24, 2005 - 12:29 AM

ya i plan on getting one. i got one for my truck and it works great. bikes are alot different than quads and older motorcycles like my last one (78' suzuki 90)

• redmansz400

Posted December 24, 2005 - 12:31 AM

Arin,

You know how us men work :cry:
Last resorts is that RTFM method :bonk:
Read The ***king Manual

Timo Mc

Merry Christmas to everyone :applause:

ya but i was trying to do this last minute and have never worked on a bike before (usually cars/choppers) i should of bought the manual when i got the bike that way i could of just dug it up tonight instead of waiting till tomorrow when i was supposed to be riding

• ARin

Posted December 24, 2005 - 12:36 AM

the OEM yamaha manuals are VERY comprehensive....walk you step by step in performing almost any procedure you can think of.

• tmckeown

Posted December 24, 2005 - 12:42 AM

ya but i was trying to do this last minute and have never worked on a bike before (usually cars/choppers) i should of bought the manual when i got the bike that way i could of just dug it up tonight instead of waiting till tomorrow when i was supposed to be riding

Get a good setup of metric wrenches and sockets, with those ones you won't ruin bolts and nuts :applause:

If you have roundup some bolts or that axlenut already, you need a pipewrench to get it loose and then just replace it with new one.
Probably have to go to Yamaha-dealer to get one.

Timo Mc

• redmansz400

Posted December 24, 2005 - 01:12 AM

i couldn't find my 22mm socket for my impact wrench or i would of used that. i ended up with a box end wrench and a dead blow hammer

• TwoBobRob

Posted December 24, 2005 - 05:56 AM

Hey Redman, sorry if this is an inappropriate question but....

Will you be ok putting it back on? there's a right and a wrong way to do it :bonk:

Grease that axle, then get everything back together (watch for your speedo drive), leave the pinchbolts loose and the axle nut gently nipped. Then pump the front end up and down a few times. this seats everything together nicely, then go about tightening everything back up. Borrow a torque wrench if you don't have one, these are bolts you will want to tighten correctly.

Sorry if i'm teaching you to suck eggs.... :applause:

• redmansz400

Posted December 24, 2005 - 12:45 PM

no any advise is helpful. thanks :applause:

• TwoBobRob

Posted December 24, 2005 - 01:14 PM

Cool. :applause:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.