Vegas TT ride monday the 26th.

16 replies to this topic
  • ARin

Posted December 23, 2005 - 10:02 PM

i want to get this together for the day after christmas.
Any vegas members, or members who will be in town, are welcome. Ride will most likely be in the nelson area, but cold creek is an option too.

throw out suggestions...i am open to them.

• dbailey223

Posted December 23, 2005 - 10:57 PM

Hey Arin, I'm in Vegas, but socked in with a bad cold. If I can get my butt in gear by then, can you let me know where nelson the area is? I am a relative newcomer to Vegas. Have ridden Indian Springs to Pahrump, the dry lake bed out by Jean, and some trails by my house in Centennial Hills. Thanks!

• ARin

Posted December 24, 2005 - 12:08 AM

Nelson hills is just out towards searchlight. SOme relatively easy terrain and some really neat singletrack.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted December 24, 2005 - 12:13 AM

AR, how about a Barstow to Laughlin ride with me in January?

• ARin

Posted December 24, 2005 - 12:19 AM

oooh? barstow to laughlin? how many miles is that?

Count me tentatively in, awaiting more info :applause:

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted December 24, 2005 - 12:27 AM

About 180 each way.... We're looking at the third or fourth week of Jan.... :applause:

• ARin

Posted December 24, 2005 - 12:37 AM

how many miles between fill ups? i only have an OEM tank...should i order a biggun?

• washinout

Posted December 24, 2005 - 10:06 AM

What is that area just outside Vegas to the NE. Looks like a FMX paradise!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ARin

Posted December 24, 2005 - 12:51 PM

That is apex.

• ARin

Posted December 25, 2005 - 09:44 PM

Ok everyone, Tomorrow we will be meeting at the Thumpertalk Store between 9:30 and 10:00 am. The store is located at Rancho and Cheyenne.

3013 N. Rancho Suite 123

we are gonna figure it out from there.

• dbailey223

Posted December 27, 2005 - 01:23 PM

How'd the ride go?

I couldn't make it--got a nasty cold that made me feel like crap. I usually ride even with a cold--gotta take advantage of the chance to ride when I can, but this one was a doozey.

For the Barstow ride, would a Nevada biker try to get a California off road permit or just throw caution to the wind?

• ISBB

Posted December 27, 2005 - 02:41 PM

i was driving home from tucson... and i still have a freakin leaky fork seal to fix and tires to change... anytime anyone wants to go to dumont im all for that... since i dont have a knobbie..

• ARin

Posted December 27, 2005 - 03:40 PM

Monday sucked, we didnt ride.
Today heckler and I and 4 other guys i know rode at jean.

I think Heckler is going to Dumont thursday....PM him.

• ISBB

Posted December 27, 2005 - 08:30 PM

ill be out there without a bike.. yaaaaay.... Arin know anyone in town good w/ suspensions that could fix me up quick?

• ARin

Posted December 27, 2005 - 08:49 PM

Motorcycle tire center on fremont/boulder hwy swaps out fork seals pretty cheap.

• Bamster

Posted December 27, 2005 - 09:00 PM

Funny my wife was just asking me if we should move to Nevada. She is an emergency nurse and there is some place (she couldn't remember the name) an hour outside of Vegas recruiting nurses. They would pay the moving expenses and fly us out to check it out. We might just go sometime in February.

• dbailey223

Posted December 27, 2005 - 09:04 PM

Could be Mesquite, NV? Pahrump, but I doubt it. Laughlin is more than an hour.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.