Xr650r Value Vs. Crf600x

23 replies to this topic
  • MotoGoalie

Posted December 29, 2005 - 10:51 AM

I can see no good reason to get rid of my trusty, trusty, trusty XR600. I've never had to walk back to the truck. And quite frankly when staring at the face of a CRF replacing the XR line....No thanks.

I've made the switch to Yamaha. The 5 valve design seems a lot more durable than the CRF valvetrain. There's a thread right now in the WR forum about that.

Hell, my pop is a crusty HONDA only, worship the XR kind of guy and he just put down his two 1986 XR250s, that still run fine, for a new 06 WR 450 and loves it. The E start, near 50 hp after free mods and slick handling not to mention the durability is what drove him to it.

• Triumphs

Posted December 29, 2005 - 11:47 AM

a new 06 WR 450 and loves it. The E start, near 50 hp after free mods and slick handling not to mention the durability is what drove him to it.

If a CRF600X doesn't come out next year the WR might be an option for some, particularly with the new perimeter frame as rumored. The problem with the WR up until recently is that it's been a bit of a tank by 450 standards, often feeling as heavy as a 650R, but without THAT motor! The newer ones are better, but the bike needs a redesign (as does the 650R) to improve much more. Of course, it still won't be a 600...and have the big torque and cross-country legs of a 650R, 525EXC, etc. You listening Honda?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Shawn_Mc

Posted December 29, 2005 - 01:36 PM

I wouldnt think you'd want a perimeter frame on an off road bike. It'd be too stiff...and if it wasnt, I'd think if it was aluminum, it would work harden and break...

Just thinkin "out loud"

• huntmaster

Posted December 29, 2005 - 05:12 PM

I wouldnt think you'd want a perimeter frame on an off road bike.

I guess somebody forgot to tell Honda that last year before producing the X models!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.