Fork air bleeding

6 replies to this topic
  • crooks420

Posted December 23, 2005 - 12:39 PM

Any thoughts or opinions on those speed bleeders for the 05 WR450??

Jesse

• tmckeown

Posted December 23, 2005 - 01:19 PM

Hi,

I have had no problems with front forks gathering air :applause:
So atleast I have NO use for them

Timo Mc

• mtrablue

Posted December 23, 2005 - 01:45 PM

get 'em. they should be stock on all modern forks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xcracer123

Posted December 23, 2005 - 07:12 PM

They are a waste of $. You can do it just as easily with a screwdriver while your bike is on a stand. That's how they should be blead anyway, not sitting with weight on them.

• crooks420

Posted December 25, 2005 - 11:00 PM

I was kinda thinking thatway, a screwdiver... I already have that. I guess I was just looking for opinions.

Thanks,

Jesse

• ARin

Posted December 26, 2005 - 12:11 AM

they are useful...especially if you are going to gain or lose a LOT of altitude during one ride....or if there are a lot of high speed whoops that would cause the fork to take on air.

increase in elevation will increase the pressure of the air in the forks...making the front end feel harder and harder the higher you go....Nice to be able to pull over, lift your front end, and equalize your forks to get the plush ride back.

• Gadsen

Posted December 26, 2005 - 09:49 AM

What ARin said, in addition to being able to bleed off pressure when you strap the bike down and compress the forks. Keep the air in the forks at atmosphere instead of positive numbers whcih could create seal leaks over time. I have them and like being able to just push instead of digging around for a screwdriver when I'm on the trail. I also really notice it when elevation changes along with temps.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.