Real world Value of an 05 650L with mods

4 replies to this topic
  • 150 Fuelie

Posted December 23, 2005 - 10:09 AM

Was gonna sell my CB1000F and YZ-426F and replace them with one bike, an 05 650L. The YZ is gone but I still (luckily) have the 1000F and now have changed my mind yet again. For me there isn't one bike that can do it all so I'm just gonna have to have two bikes, each with it's own purpose.
The 2005 650L has 200 miles and the following mods; Knobby tires, White Brothers Silencer, Air box and carb mods including re-jetting, de-smogged, XR style Tail light and better handle bars.
I'll either sell the bike outright or trade for a WR426-450.

• stanleigh12

Posted December 23, 2005 - 11:24 AM

I would consider my 426 . Check it out in the classified :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • phuzz

Posted December 23, 2005 - 12:34 PM

If it were me, and I was trying to sell a basically new or low-use bike, I'd eBay the aftermarket items, then sell the bike as close to stock as possible. It just seems that add-ons don't recoup much of their value.

Unless you can find a buyer who understands what you done, and the cost offset of what you've done.

• Cobalt650

Posted December 23, 2005 - 08:31 PM

What part of Michigan are you in? I'm in Madison, WI. I'm close to getting a new '06 before the end of December. I'm hoping to get it for close to $5,000. Does that seem fair? Of course, if yours is close, the mods make sense, who knows:)

• 150 Fuelie

Posted December 24, 2005 - 09:51 AM

Cobalt650 I live right in the middle of Michigan, Grand Ledge, just outside of Lansing. Probably a 6 hour drive for you one way.
e-mail @
I'd like to talk to you about my bike. I think mine would be a better buy for you. It has all the stuff done to it already that you most likely would do to a new one.
stanleigh12, if you weren't on the other side of the country I would be interested.

Related Content

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.