2006 WR Speedo on a 2005 WR

30 replies to this topic
  • Yamahan

Posted December 23, 2005 - 01:31 AM

Anybody tried to fit a 2006 WR450F digital speedo/enduro timer to a '05 WR450F? If so, what is cost and part number to order the '06 speedo?

Thanks Guys :applause:

• clark4131

Posted December 23, 2005 - 06:50 AM

The '06 speedo and accompanying hardware is WAY expensive. Somewhere in the neigborhood of $500 :applause: ...SC

• John M62

Posted December 23, 2005 - 10:40 AM

look for an aftermarket. I don't have one but I was thinking about getting this one www.trailtech.net unless anyone can recomend something else.

• tmckeown

Posted December 23, 2005 - 11:32 AM

Hi,

I just fitted a Trailtech Lynx on my WR450 05 model, easy and work like a clock. I got that Lynx kit with remote, costs only $119 :applause:

Timo Mc

• tony1970

Posted December 23, 2005 - 11:58 AM

It looks like the '06 top triple clamp has different mounting points in the front to accommodate the new speedo than the '05's top clamp. The price is enough to keep me away. :applause:

• RichBaker

Posted December 23, 2005 - 12:36 PM

Go with the ICO speedo, Trail Tech is crap, I'm on my 3rd one under warranty...

• hotthrottle613

Posted December 23, 2005 - 12:41 PM

Got a TrailTech on mine, no problems whatsoever, works great!

• BIGBLUEKNIGHT

Posted December 23, 2005 - 12:43 PM

trail tech endurance. 80 bucks

• RichBaker

Posted December 23, 2005 - 02:08 PM

http://www.icoracing.com/ac/ac1.htm
This is the Ultimate.....beats Trail Tech all over the place and then some!

• simon@vic

Posted December 23, 2005 - 03:18 PM

http://www.icoracing.com/ac/ac1.htm
This is the Ultimate.....beats Trail Tech all over the place and then some!

im going to disagrre with this guy and tell you to get a trailtech lynx.

had controle not needed!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Asgeir

Posted December 23, 2005 - 11:21 PM

Trailtech !

Enduro or Lynx.

Great product. Easy to install.

Up to date looking.

Just make sure to route the cables the correct way.

• Indy_WR450

Posted December 24, 2005 - 05:52 AM

I am waiting for the all new Trail Tech Vapor to come out with a nice rpm gauge! See short 10 second video clip:

http://www.trailtech...hTachTeaser.avi

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted December 24, 2005 - 07:05 AM

The RPM gauge is kinda funny.. I mean, what's it for other than showing your friends how cool it is? Hopefully it's just a screen option and can be shut off, I see it takes up a large portion of the screen.

I've been using ICO products for years, they're very durable offroad instruments. I wished they had a nice dualsport computer based off the Checkmate package with better graphics, they seem a bit dated considering the Trailtech has an attractive screen layout showing multiple readings on on one whole screen.... If the Trailtech is half as reliable as an ICO product they just might have something I could use...

• PBDBLUE

Posted December 24, 2005 - 07:22 AM

My experience with the Trailtech Endurance has been very good once I made a good solid mount for it. No problems. I think there's a Lynx under the christmas tree right now :-). If your going to use a Lynx for dual sporting you will want the remote since you can't increment mileage without it - only reset to zero.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted December 24, 2005 - 07:28 AM

I think there's a Lynx under the christmas tree right now

:applause:

Can you adjust the Odo up and down in tenths?

• PBDBLUE

Posted December 24, 2005 - 08:01 AM

According to Trailtech customer support if you have the remote you can increment up or down in tenths. Without the remote you can only reset to zero.

• eductor

Posted December 25, 2005 - 12:31 AM

I want to remove my speedo.
does anyone know how to remove the speedo-cable ?
The cable is solid casted into the magnetic-gear assy that fits on the hubs right side !

I do not want to destroy anything, i want to be able to reinstall speedometer and cable for the annual motor vehicle inspection.

• tmckeown

Posted December 25, 2005 - 12:40 AM

Hi,

On my 2005 WR 450 you can screw speedo cable off from that right side hub.

Timo Mc

• Yamahan

Posted December 26, 2005 - 04:37 PM

Hi,

I just fitted a Trailtech Lynx on my WR450 05 model, easy and work like a clock. I got that Lynx kit with remote, costs only $119 :applause:

Timo Mc

Hey Timo Mc

Trailtech sounds like the way to go. Do you have a pic of it fitted?
PM me please. :bonk:

• TeamScream

Posted December 26, 2005 - 06:17 PM

I have had a TrailTech on my 01' Wr since new in 01', thats 5 years of reliable street legal use. the original battery still works, I have never had a single problem with it.
That ICO thing looks too basic for me.
I am sure it works fine but the TrailTech is flawless.
I like the Vapor concept with RPM guage, I will upgrade to that when they are available without question.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.