03 Wr450

1 reply to this topic
  • Dirtmizer

Posted December 22, 2005 - 06:02 PM

My 03 Canadian WR450 has the YZ exhaust cam, fmf q, and all the mods, can anyone recommend the best jetting setup or should I consider the jd kit? I do have to twist the throttle a bunch in the summer to get it to fire so I'm already considering a larger starter jet. Cold weather starting is terrible so I'm hoping to improve on that, otherwise I'm happy with the performance so far. I will be riding on a local river this winter so maybe I should consider a couple on the main?? Should I just bump up the starter jet and the main and leave the rest alone. Thanx. :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bg10459

Posted December 22, 2005 - 06:40 PM

If you plan on riding both summer and winter, be prepared to re-jet for the seasons. You'll probably need to change all jets if the temp swing is big. Start with Indy's chart, which can be found in the jetting database at the top of this forum.
If you want to round up the jets, get the following
172, 170, 168, 165, 160 main jets
45 and 48 pilot jets
40, 50, 60 leak jets
65, 68, 70, 72, 75 starter jets
Adjustable fuel screw
JD Jet kit (includes 2 needles and 4 main jets, can't remember which ones)
Someone else has all the P/N's and maybe even more info.
Good luck.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.