Scotts Sub Mount on 426

5 replies to this topic
  • FOX426

Posted December 22, 2005 - 05:14 PM

Who is or has run the Scotts stabilizer with the following set-up? Pro Taper OS bars, Scotts triple clamp,top clamp, SUB-MOUNT. not the low mount on fender, not the one on top but the one that goes under the bars and top clamp,raises the bars 25mm? My question is can you still use the oil dipstick?

• Jim X

Posted December 23, 2005 - 10:33 AM

Does anyone have an answer to this because I am curious too?

• SureBlue

Posted December 23, 2005 - 11:44 AM

Comparing these 2 pics, I would say that the sub mount leaves not much, but enough space for checking the dipstick. Just judge yourself. The stabilizer will not be pushed much downwards the dipstick since the higher bar mounts lift it back up. Unfortunately there only was a pick of submounted damper on a 450.
But better call Scotts to be absolutely sure.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Plymouth

Posted December 23, 2005 - 06:10 PM

I can't speak for the sub mount pictured abouve, but the clearance for the Pro-Tect sub mount is the same as the top mount, as you use your stock tower:

http://www.ptenduro....bar_scotts.html

• Jim X

Posted December 26, 2005 - 11:20 PM

I can't speak for the sub mount pictured abouve, but the clearance for the Pro-Tect sub mount is the same as the top mount, as you use your stock tower:

http://www.ptenduro....bar_scotts.html

I would get that SUB mount if they made one for the Yamaha's, so in otherwords, thats doesn't help much, sorry.

From the pictures posted earlier it looks as though it is close but will be fine so I am not worried. Now, the quest for a cheap sub mount!

• bg10459

Posted December 27, 2005 - 06:51 AM

I would get that SUB mount if they made one for the Yamaha's, so in otherwords, thats doesn't help much, sorry.

I contacted Pro-tect and, while they cannot accomodate the stock Yamaha top clamp, they will build an under bar mount for you for whatever aftermarket triple you buy.
The only way to get a damper on the stock clamp is to use a Scotts bar clamp.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.