Oil Level

3 replies to this topic
  • azmanxman

Posted December 22, 2005 - 02:42 PM

My 95 XR600R takes exactly 2 quarts according to Honda to fill-up after an oil and filter change. I follow the stated "add one quart, run for a few minutes, add the 2nd" instructions. Honda says to check oil level you have to run and then sit for five minutes. I do all this and my oil is not at upper level, but somewhere about midway. Is this normal? What does you stick read when the bike is hot and running? How about when it's been sat all night? I'm guessing that it would read higher when hot than when all the oil has settled.

It does not seem to changing much after oil change so I don't think I'm burning any. I don't have any smoke on start-up either.

• BWB63

Posted December 22, 2005 - 02:58 PM

Yes, the XR650R is the same way but, only take 1.7 quarts. Don't over fill it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • don87xr600

Posted December 22, 2005 - 04:57 PM

Is it a tenth of a quart low? because the xr 600 takes 2 liters or 2.1 quarts of oil.

• goblin127

Posted December 23, 2005 - 10:08 AM

My L is the same way. Half on the dipstick must meen full. After it sits all night there is just alittle showing on the stick.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.