YZ 450 vs Cr 450

32 replies to this topic
  • gchprime

Posted December 23, 2005 - 12:31 PM

This thread was also posted in another forum. Can you guees which one? Search under CRF 450 vs YZ 450. :applause:

• SureBlue

Posted December 23, 2005 - 12:36 PM

then I just have to go there and maybe I will find some fun reading... :applause:
Merry Christmas.

• gchprime

Posted December 23, 2005 - 12:43 PM

SureBlue, you ride all those blue bikes you list or are they family bikes?

• SureBlue

Posted December 23, 2005 - 12:55 PM

The 450 was my MX bike and the YZ125 was a bike I just wanted to try (mountain bike feeling), heard so much good about it. Sold them both this autumn and thought I would get the new 450 earlier, now confirmed week 1.
Have to admit I was close to buying a CRF already :bonk: All this waiting makes me feel like a consultant who knows how to do it but never done it himself.
My son (11 in January) rides the 85 and my daughter (14 in April) has the TTR, but seems her riding is over, other interests I guess.
You too - riding with family :applause:

• Reyndogg

Posted December 23, 2005 - 01:06 PM

Reyndogg, dig the avatar, does mine look familiar?

yes it does :applause:

• gchprime

Posted December 23, 2005 - 01:18 PM

The 450 was my MX bike and the YZ125 was a bike I just wanted to try (mountain bike feeling), heard so much good about it. Sold them both this autumn and thought I would get the new 450 earlier, now confirmed week 1.
Have to admit I was close to buying a CRF already :cry: All this waiting makes me feel like a consultant who knows how to do it but never done it himself.
My son (11 in January) rides the 85 and my daughter (14 in April) has the TTR, but seems her riding is over, other interests I guess.
You too - riding with family :applause:

Oh yeah, family of riders, the only true family sport. Course I do ride them all from time to time, both the little Hondas are damn fun. :bonk:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gchprime

Posted December 23, 2005 - 01:19 PM

yes it does :applause:

Can't tell if your crest is SF or what but I feel the message. Ever serve at Bragg?

• new2blue450

Posted December 23, 2005 - 01:53 PM

you play(ed) with the 75th??

• gchprime

Posted December 23, 2005 - 03:12 PM

you play(ed) with the 75th??

Aco 3rd Bn, Ft. Benning (basic, AIT, Jump, RIP, Battalion and Ranger School). :applause:

• new2blue450

Posted December 23, 2005 - 07:44 PM

cool, my old man was a recondo....and a F#@$@ maniac....RIP..

• 426boy

Posted December 24, 2005 - 05:39 PM

go with the yamaha just my opionion the honda is a good bike but im a yamaha guy

• triplejumper

Posted December 24, 2005 - 06:01 PM

2003 YZ is faster than the 03 CRF, but, the crf was less tiring to ride during motos.The YZ is probably more dependable to boot. No problems with my 05 CRF though.

• pelted

Posted December 25, 2005 - 09:49 PM

The 03 YZ450F was fast as a beast - maybe a little hard to ride for some. It hit hard on the bottom and pulled harder in each gear. Certainly the Yamaha will enlighten you as to your fitness level, especially your arms, but whether it is a better bike that the CR is pretty subjective.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.