Suspension Clickers? No Manual!!

1 reply to this topic
  • The_Missile

Posted September 03, 2001 - 02:17 AM

Got my '99 WR400F :D
Got no manual. Neeless to say I'm a little :) when it comes to 'tweaking'....

Can someone please explain where the rebound and compression clickers are for the front and rear suspension.

Front: on the head of each suspension stanchion I've found 2 adjusters but have no idea which one does what or whether I should even be turing all of them ??

Rear: Totally lost!!
Do I need a special 'key'/'wrench' to turn the spring preload ?

As far as sag, I'll look in the archives but if anybody has stock setup and weighs 84 kilos naked (not a pretty sight) like me, then suggestions more than welcome. I'll be doing mostly trail/woods riding.

PS Manual is ordered...

later...

------------------
The Missile
'99 WR400F

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Stefe9999

Posted September 03, 2001 - 05:30 PM

Hey Missle,
On the forks, the rebound damper is the screw in the dead center of the caps on the fork tops. At the bottom of the forks, behind rubber caps, you will find the compression damping adjustment screws. Both work just like tightening a screw, clockwise "tightens" or increases the damping and counter clockwise decreases.

The adjusters on the shock increase and decrease damping in the same manner.

For the shock, the rebound damper adjuster is at the bottom of the shock and compression at the top.

This information from the manual for an 01 WR426.
Hope it helps.
Steve

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.