Yz 450 Values

1 reply to this topic
  • mcfadyen1968

Posted December 22, 2005 - 12:34 PM

I think I am going to have to replace my intake values soon as anyone tried the stainless steel after market valves or does everyone stay with oem?

this web site looks like they have a good price on ti valves.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted December 22, 2005 - 12:47 PM

The stainless steel OEM valves (not values) in the YZ400's an the '00 426 held up very well, but so do the OEM Ti valves in the later bikes. Personally, I think the Ti valves are as reliable as anything else.

Remember that to use SS valves, you'll need heavier springs to match the extra weight of the valves, and therein lies the snag with Kibblewhites. Their spring kit costs over $200 (but you do get Ti retainers and valve guide seals in the bargain. Then again, the springs from a 2000 YZ426 may fit, and since they were made for SS valves, they would probably work.

And the OEM Parts store here at TT does indeed have great prices on the stuff. :applause:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.