Slick Forks

13 replies to this topic
  • Scotty426

Posted December 22, 2005 - 04:41 AM

I am going to get my forks and shock done. I have heard about FORKSLYCKs spray and I hear some people polish the outer surface of the inner slider to decrease stiction. Do any of you guys recommend one treatment over another? I us my YZ 426 as a single track woods bike and I want to do all the suspension stuff at one time. What do you think?

I have seal savers-does this increase stiction a bunch?

• sirthumpalot

Posted December 22, 2005 - 04:44 AM

Dirt Rider just did a test of one of those spray on products in their last issue. They liked it and said it was worth the cost. Don't remember the name.. could have been forkslyck or forksilk, etc.. ?? Check www.dirtrider.com

• Satch0922

Posted December 22, 2005 - 07:28 PM

Forslyk is the name of the product. Chad (inventor and owner) applied it to my forks and it works. They it on sale now..... http://www.miedosoracing.com/

• Thumper38

Posted December 23, 2005 - 05:10 AM

How do you apply it? do you need to take the fork apart?

• Satch0922

Posted December 23, 2005 - 05:25 AM

you do not have to take the fork apart. Just remove the fork guards, use the supplied cleaner on the fork then apply the Forslyk. It last about 20 hrs of use. I had to go stiffer two clicks on the rebound because with the reduced stiction the forks rebounded quicker! Two clicks and the results were good. Better action over the braking bumps.

• Thumper38

Posted December 23, 2005 - 08:06 AM

Hmmmmm I may have to try this!!!!

• ProAMA725

Posted December 23, 2005 - 08:20 AM

Here is the actual review that was done by dirtrider. We are also recommending that people do not coat the forks while apart. In some cases by doing while apart, it may not dry enough like needed, because people get in a hurry or other reasons. When only coated when the forks are still together, we are not having any problems with it. That is all that is needed anyways. Thanks for the questions. http://www.miedosora.../Dirtrider.html

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SureBlue

Posted December 23, 2005 - 09:26 AM

If that stuff already reduces the friction noticeable, wouldn't then sealsavers considerably also add friction to the forks and "rub off" the coating? :applause:

• Scotty426

Posted December 24, 2005 - 09:47 PM

It would seem to me that if it rubs off in 20 hours riding, it would rub faster with seal savers. I may give it a try when I get home. I will probably ditch the seal savers. I never had leaks with or with or without them. Thanks for the input. I am surprised no one recommended permanent coatings or polishing the tubes. I thought this would give a similar effect but be more permanent. Are there lower friction seals?
-Do they have a spray that teaches me how to ride?
-How about a spray that helps me lose 10lbs?

• DPW

Posted December 24, 2005 - 09:51 PM

-How about a spray that helps me lose 10lbs?

http://www.newstarget.com/005966.html

• aford541

Posted December 24, 2005 - 11:49 PM

I am going to get my forks and shock done. I have heard about FORKSLYCKs spray and I hear some people polish the outer surface of the inner slider to decrease stiction. Do any of you guys recommend one treatment over another? I us my YZ 426 as a single track woods bike and I want to do all the suspension stuff at one time. What do you think?

I have seal savers-does this increase stiction a bunch?

I sent my stanchions to Enzo, they sent them to a guy that diamond polishes the chrome then applys Titanium nitride then repolishes the ti nitride. I had to revalve them stiffer due to reduced friction.

• Matty05

Posted December 25, 2005 - 03:30 PM

I sent my stanchions to Enzo, they sent them to a guy that diamond polishes the chrome then applys Titanium nitride then repolishes the ti nitride. I had to revalve them stiffer due to reduced friction.

the proper way to do it! :applause:
not the cheapest way to do it! :bonk:

• Scotty426

Posted December 26, 2005 - 06:39 AM

Thanks for the advice. I checked out ENZO and the coating is quite pricey. I haven't been that good this year.

• aford541

Posted December 26, 2005 - 10:41 PM

The reason I coated the tubes is because I had around 20 fork seal failures on the 04 bike. The seals last much better with the coating as the surface is harder and resists nicking better.

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.