YZ470...High Compression or Not???

6 replies to this topic
  • Mighty_Whitey

Posted December 21, 2005 - 05:50 PM

Opinions are like......well.........anybody have some good solid opinions on what would be a better choice here.

I just got the cylinder done at Max Power and she is a 469cc now. I can go with a High Compression Wiseco 13:5:1 or a Standard 12:5:1 compression.

I use the bike to race a 30+ Vet series in Southern California and also trail ride. Probably put about 15 hours a week on it.

For fuel.......I do have a high octane (MotoSport 103) gas station pump right around the corner from me.

:applause:

Either way, she's still a 470! :bonk:

MW

• 642MX

Posted December 21, 2005 - 06:18 PM

I have a 13.5:1 Wiseco, only a 426 though. I can tell a big difference in bottom end snap and mid range pull with the higher compression. It will run off pump gas without pinging, but I run race fuel anyway. Downsides are that its a hair harder to kick start, it makes the jetting a little picky, and in long hare scrambles it wears me out faster. I'd do it again. :applause:

• Mighty_Whitey

Posted December 21, 2005 - 08:02 PM

Thanks for the reply. Just curious on the race gas, whuddya run?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kawirider

Posted December 21, 2005 - 09:07 PM

Get it dynoed and let us know how many ponies you got from boreing it out.

• aford541

Posted December 21, 2005 - 09:20 PM

Have you tried that U-4 or the elf LMS fuel?
I use the elf LMS it works great, I think you should run the 12.5 piston and when you race use the oxygenated fuel and she should last longer.
Although my 05 likes a little richer jetting on the Oxy fuel.

• CRFThumper

Posted December 22, 2005 - 05:22 AM

We like the u-4 as well!Burns clean,no hint of pinging,and smells sooooo good!
On the pricy side but you get what you pay for i guess.Just be sure you drain the carb after each use!!! :applause:

• 642MX

Posted December 23, 2005 - 06:52 AM

Thanks for the reply. Just curious on the race gas, whuddya run?

Citgo 110 leaded. :applause:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.