suspension setup?

1 reply to this topic
  • northernryder

Posted September 02, 2001 - 11:39 PM

i have a wr426 and weigh about 170 lbs. i ride fairly agressive and like to ride the motoX track (love the whoops and jumps) ocasionaly with alot of trail riding. could anyone help me out as to how i should dial in my suspension, both front and rear. i am pretty green to suspension setup, so any tips would be very helpful. Thanx Matt.

------------------

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • x400racer

Posted September 03, 2001 - 07:37 PM

On my 99 wr that I raced motos on bottomed out easy on big jumps.I am only 145lbs.& it was still a problem. I went to a local susp. guy and he said the bike comes under sprung from the factory.He put larger springs in the frt. and revalved the forks. The bottoming resistance went up & the plushness is still there.At the time I dident feel the rear was that bad.After the frt. was done my pace picked up & the rear could not keep up.Then I bought my yz250f & sold the wr.Miss the power already.Hope this helps.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.