WR longevity

26 replies to this topic
  • RC81

Posted December 28, 2005 - 11:30 PM

I believe Honda itself has made that choice for you. They make what sells and technology marches foreward. Honda could have chosen to update the XR more than they have but chose not to as it is basically the same since 97. They are doing the same thing now with their CR250, not putting any changes into it in several years. It is now outdated while the others have moved foreward. For better or worse Honda has replaced your bike with the 450X, it would be nice to have them both available. Parts for your bike will be available for years, keep it if it pleases you.

• YamahaWR450FMike

Posted December 29, 2005 - 01:04 AM

I believe Honda itself has made that choice for you. They make what sells and technology marches foreward. Honda could have chosen to update the XR more than they have but chose not to as it is basically the same since 97. They are doing the same thing now with their CR250, not putting any changes into it in several years. It is now outdated while the others have moved foreward. For better or worse Honda has replaced your bike with the 450X, it would be nice to have them both available. Parts for your bike will be available for years, keep it if it pleases you.

I don't think so! I had a honda CRF and it left me stranded in the desert with burnt valves. Later that month the tranny broke. Yamaha WR's are the only way to go. I have one and it has proven to me everything and beyond :applause:

• PMAUST

Posted December 29, 2005 - 10:07 AM

I bought my 2k WR400F new and it is still going strong. :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Triumphs

Posted December 29, 2005 - 11:57 AM

Triumph are still making bikes, you can get them here in SA, albeit not offroaders...........they have eventually sorted out the oil leaks

That's OK. It took Harley almost 100 years to do the same thing themselves! :applause:

• Gee

Posted December 29, 2005 - 03:26 PM

I have a 98 WR400 and my dad rides a 01 WR 426, both bikes have held up great, normal wear/tear but nothing out of the ordinary, I used to ride a Honda XR600 and the blue bike is just as solid, not as heavy, and way more fun to ride.

• top norm

Posted December 29, 2005 - 03:49 PM

I have an 01 wr250 with about 5500 kms, been hair scrambled, enduroed and even seen some track time. Trail rode the snot out of it.
Change oil often, ( the good stuff) and air filter every ride, noth'n but net.

• RC81

Posted December 30, 2005 - 12:01 AM

I don't think so! I had a honda CRF and it left me stranded in the desert with burnt valves. Later that month the tranny broke. Yamaha WR's are the only way to go. I have one and it has proven to me everything and beyond :applause:

Exactly! That is why I bought the WR. I didnt say the CRF was the best choice to replace the XR, only that Honda saw it that way.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.