TT's worst looking WR. highest KM

22 replies to this topic
  • simon@vic

Posted December 20, 2005 - 06:56 PM

here is my street legal 2004 WZ450f trials bike. 14/52 gearing most of the time, 15/50 for the odd trip. over 45 000km, bought march 4th 2004. love the bike, couldnt ask for anything other then a 6th gear {or a wider ratio 5 speed}.

as she sits today:

Posted Image

kissed by a few rocks and trees
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

let see what you got indy :applause:

• Indy_WR450

Posted December 20, 2005 - 08:11 PM

You win Simon. :cry: I dont host pics to avoid spam so I cant post them on TT. My bike does not look as bad as yours. I keep replacing things when they look like yours. :cry:
I have gone thru 4 sets of complete body plastic, 4 headers, 3 sets of bark busters, 3 sets of pegs, 2 sets of frame guards, 2 sets of radiator guards etc. :p Mine has under 27,000. km so you win there too! :cry:
You really get the full mileage out of your parts. Wow! :applause:
Keep on thrashing! Love your video's! :bonk:

• ddialogue

Posted December 20, 2005 - 08:38 PM

You win Simon. :cry: I dont host pics to avoid spam so I cant post them on TT. My bike does not look as bad as yours. I keep replacing things when they look like yours. :cry:
I have gone thru 4 sets of complete body plastic, 4 headers, 3 sets of bark busters, 3 sets of pegs, 2 sets of frame guards, 2 sets of radiator guards etc. :lol:
You really get the full mileage out of your parts. Wow! :applause:
Keep on thrashing! Love your video's! :bonk:

I'll host them for you Indy. You MUST show everyone the War Pig! :cry: :p

• simon@vic

Posted December 20, 2005 - 08:43 PM

I dont host pics to avoid spam so I cant post them on TT.

send pics to:
bushwarrior AT shaw.ca {im avoiding the email spam bots so use "@"}
i will host them for ya!!!!

i have been through 2 sets of bark busters, some amount of pegs, lots of chains and sprockets, brake pads, tires, tires, tires, and one water pump seal. sill on my org plastics and head pipe. no point i replacing them if your just going to get them all nasty looking again :applause: :bonk: :cry:

• simon@vic

Posted December 20, 2005 - 08:45 PM

i need a frame kinda, this one is tweaked. but i dont have the cash for it even at dealer price. how sad is that!

• Indy_WR450

Posted December 20, 2005 - 09:14 PM

Oh I forgot to say I wore right thru ( not crashed) an expensive sub frame $300+ dollars! :cry: :cry: :p
I hate to think what a new frame costs! :lol: :bonk: :bonk:
I will get some pics for Dave to post but they cant compare to that header wilth cellulite! :applause: :bonk: :cry:

Posted Image

• unkle_george

Posted December 20, 2005 - 11:33 PM

Dude, those radiator's are NIB...
Posted Image

• simon@vic

Posted December 20, 2005 - 11:40 PM

i dont know what NIB means but im guessing it means good.
and your right, my rad have survived quite well. the devols do there job well.

• unkle_george

Posted December 20, 2005 - 11:43 PM

New in box...
Devol's are priced right and do their job well. You've gotta protect the Yamaha Dumbo wings. ; )

- Ryan

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted December 21, 2005 - 06:28 AM

Simon........ Nice... :applause: :bonk: :cry: :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SpeedBlitz

Posted December 21, 2005 - 06:31 AM

over 45 000km

That's one nasty looking bike. I like it!!

Simon, I don't remember reading it before, but have you rebuilt your engine yet? Valves? Piston/rings? Bearings (engine and/or tranny)? Tranny? I recall Indy saying he did his engine at 19000-20000km so. I'm wondering about your engine.

• Gadsen

Posted December 21, 2005 - 08:49 AM

Wow, it looks like you drug that thing behind a truck for seveal hundred miles. So far, you have the "title" unless Indy can wrestle it from ya! :applause:

• Stripes123

Posted December 21, 2005 - 08:57 AM

You should contact the local Yamaha representative and see if they want the bike to analyze the wear after 45k kms. Good work

• Indy_WR450

Posted December 21, 2005 - 09:39 AM

Wow, it looks like you drug that thing behind a truck for seveal hundred miles. So far, you have the "title" unless Indy can wrestle it from ya! :applause:

As I said before I replace plastic and parts way before they get looking that bad! I should have kept all the worn parts for this contest! :bonk:
Simon wins hands down in any bike catagory! That header is real ugly! :cry:

• ARin

Posted December 21, 2005 - 10:12 AM

I would ride the bike proudly.

Looks like a trusty steed.

• simon@vic

Posted December 21, 2005 - 10:38 AM

That's one nasty looking bike. I like it!!

Simon, I don't remember reading it before, but have you rebuilt your engine yet? Valves? Piston/rings? Bearings (engine and/or tranny)?

no not yet. but i change the oil every week or so. i work at a shop so i get free oil :applause: :bonk: :cry:

the only non chassis mechanical failure has been the water pump seal. so in all its days it has only let me down once. i also killed th starter but that was from over use. and it kicked fine until i cot a new one.

the valves don't even go out of adjustment any more. re-shimmed it once after brake in and once when i put in the yz cam. they haven't changed since then {35 000ish km ago}. i check every now and then to be sure but they are not moving :cry: :cry:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this bike is as reliable as a DRZ or an XR250r.

• ARin

Posted December 21, 2005 - 12:05 PM

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this bike is as reliable as a DRZ or an XR250r.

thats not going out on much of a limb...just a statement of fact.

• batilzown

Posted December 21, 2005 - 12:10 PM

pooooo bike....

• byggd

Posted December 21, 2005 - 01:46 PM

I would ride the bike proudly.

Looks like a trusty steed.

I agree! I just wish had the time and places to ride to give my bike 1/2 the battle scares that yours has. I only made it out about 6 times this year :bonk: gonna see if I can get some riding in while I'm off next week though :applause:

• simon@vic

Posted December 21, 2005 - 03:31 PM

There may be a consolation prize! :

well, is there? :applause:

or should i just go riding? :bonk: :cry:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.