Fork oil level

3 replies to this topic
  • RF1

Posted December 20, 2005 - 06:24 AM

I just changed the fork seals in my '98 Yz 400. When adding and checking for the oil level do I set the top of the ring or collar of the Motion Pro tool to the # on the steel tube to the # the book reads: fork oil min/max level which reads 80-150 mm. At this point I remove any extra oil with the syringe? Is this correct?

• ironbird456

Posted December 20, 2005 - 07:11 AM

How long did it take you to change your seals? Was it difficult?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RF1

Posted December 20, 2005 - 09:04 AM

It took me about 1/2 an hour to do both and it was very easy.

• RD73

Posted December 20, 2005 - 01:51 PM

Yes, as long as you are taking that measurement with the forks off of the bike, have removed the springs, and compressed the forks. Then measure the distance from the top of the fork to the fluid level.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.