XR650L Barkbusters, what fits?

6 replies to this topic
  • Bergy1

Posted December 20, 2005 - 05:38 AM

Looking for barkbusters for my XR650L :bonk: Due to the added controls on the handlebars I was curious what fits and what does not :applause: Thanks for any info.

Posted December 20, 2005 - 08:52 AM

Acerbis rally on mine. Fit great, much nicer than stock.

• mtrhd101

Posted December 20, 2005 - 08:53 AM

The Acerbis and UFO universal kits should fit.. I have the UFO explorer brush guards on my 650R dual sport with all the controls and such added plus renthals.. They look like they would fit about anything, there is some flexability in setup/adjustment and they are strong..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wr450fyamaha

Posted December 20, 2005 - 09:59 AM

Acerbis here......i cracked one of em but i cut out a little piece of metal and bolted it all together and she works great......cant really see it either.

• phuzz

Posted December 20, 2005 - 10:49 AM

I put Moose on my '06 L.

Like these: http://www.mooseraci...llsize&rank=100

When installing these, I take a pipe cutter, and lop off about an inch or so of the ends of the handlebars. Stock bars, to me, are too wide, whether for woods clearance or just cruising comfort.

I then tweak the guards to fit as the bend(s) may need it to mount flush in their mounting points.

Also have to cut (I used a dremel and an air grinder) the end off of the plastic throttle tube, trim the grips with a razor blade, and wallow out the bar ends from the deformation created during the pipe cutter cut.

I'll try to link to a picture or two, if interested.

• Evilfirbolg

Posted December 21, 2005 - 07:13 AM

I got the Cycras. Work great.

Posted December 21, 2005 - 10:02 AM

I got Moose of mine also. The work and fit fine and have more than paid for themselves by saving broken levers, torn grips, and most of all broken hands.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.