Exhaust for '06 XR650L?

3 replies to this topic
  • Motorrider

Posted December 19, 2005 - 07:52 PM

Has anyone found a slip on that will fit the '06 models? I purchased a WB E2 series for '01 thru '05, but the bolts aren't matching up! I find it hard to believe that Honda changed the "L" this year when it has been unchanged for years. :applause:

• goblin127

Posted December 20, 2005 - 08:58 PM

Honda didn't change anything. How far off is it from stock? sometimes it may take loosening the entire system(header) to get the tail to fit . Or where it bolts to the rear turn sig. area you might have to do some tweaking. But I haven't heard of anyone not getting it to fit.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Manchu

Posted December 20, 2005 - 09:03 PM

Has anyone found a slip on that will fit the '06 models? I purchased a WB E2 series for '01 thru '05, but the bolts aren't matching up! I find it hard to believe that Honda changed the "L" this year when it has been unchanged for years. :applause:

Are you able to verify the part number on the WB to see if maybe they sent you wrong one?

• Motorrider

Posted December 20, 2005 - 10:20 PM

Thanks guys, but it seems the mounting bolts are not right. The upper one that goes through the turn signal mount is too big in diameter on the smooth part of the shaft. If you've seen one, you might know what I mean. I was actually able to get the pipe on the header and into place, but could not secure it. I just don't know if I should send it back and try again, or try to fabricate something.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.