Best exhaust for the money

64 replies to this topic
  • TWILES

Posted December 21, 2005 - 08:48 AM

I still like to here my bike. We don't have sound laws in Kentucky or in surrounding states as far as I know. Too loud is annoying but the pipes out now aren't THAT loud. Let em rip. Let the people out west worry about their neighbors. My neighbors all like to ride and have loud pipes or are looking to buy one.

• mtrablue

Posted December 21, 2005 - 09:16 AM

[ as far as I know. QUOTE]

this is from the guy with the picture of the quad. are you involved with any clubs in your area that works with government agencies? you should be. if you ride on federal land (forest service, blm ) there are noise regulations and they are going to get tougher. i don't mean to fire up an old topic (sound)so i'll let it go. get involved.

• NuckingFuts

Posted December 21, 2005 - 01:38 PM

My last 426 I had a powerbomb header with stock/gutted pipe. I loved it! I plan to order another powerbomb for my current 426 next week. As long as I solve my motor issues I'll be riding next week with all my torque back in the bag.

• Matty05

Posted December 21, 2005 - 05:23 PM

Matty, ya know. Sometimes you can be a real poop head!!!

You are WRONG!!!!!! Noise DOES kill riding areas.. Sometime you should crawl out of your hole and open your eyes to the problems our sport is facing. Don't give me crap about how great your country is because nobody cares about sound (like you've done before). Of course the stock pipe is crap.... But "The louder the better" attitude can kiss my ass.. :applause:

Don't put a loud pipe on your bike. Simple.
Don't cry when someone else wants one on their bike. Simple.
If your riding area gets closed down, not my problem. Simple.

I will say it again, people just hate motorbikes. It is like skateboarders. I'm sure people can't ride their horses everywhere.

• stanleigh12

Posted December 21, 2005 - 06:33 PM

FMF 4.1 Titanium is awaesome. Power band is excellent and it sounds tits!! :applause: :bonk:

• Matty05

Posted December 21, 2005 - 06:47 PM

FMF 4.1 Titanium is awaesome. Power band is excellent and it sounds tits!! :applause: :bonk:

Did you get the full system? Hows it go?
I bet you can't get that smile off your face!

• clark4131

Posted December 21, 2005 - 06:52 PM

...If your riding area gets closed down, not my problem. Simple.

It must be nice to go through life with that kind of selfish ignorance as your guiding principle. If that's the kind of attitude you're going to continue to have, I can guarantee you're going to be added to quite a few ignore lists. One of these days, the enviro-nazis are going to find they're way to Oz and jam it right in your bum, and you'll have no one to blame but yourself. One question...How old are you? If you're over 18, I'd be shocked and embarassed for you...SC

• Matty05

Posted December 21, 2005 - 07:14 PM

It must be nice to go through life with that kind of selfish ignorance as your guiding principle. If that's the kind of attitude you're going to continue to have, I can guarantee you're going to be added to quite a few ignore lists. One of these days, the enviro-nazis are going to find they're way to Oz and jam it right in your bum, and you'll have no one to blame but yourself. One question...How old are you? If you're over 18, I'd be shocked and embarassed for you...SC

What can I do for you in the USA??? Nothing!!!!

Enviro Nazi's aren't even allowed where I live, and will never will be allowed.
No one is allowed. It is Aboriginal land and I have permission to go where ever I want. That will NEVER change. I have grown up here and know all the traditional land owners. I even go shooting protected wildlife with them.

I don't come across anyone else where I live, so why will a noisy pipe make a difference? Maybe there is other people out there in my same position, ever think about that?

I am 25, and don't give a $hit about loud pipes. I brought my pipe for power, it just happens to be that powerful pipes are loud. No one here gives a $hit about loud pipes! I ride with some cops here, guess what, they have loud pipes!

Maybe you shouldn't comment on what someone else wants. It is definately not your decission. I am embarrased for you Clark. Embarrased that you have to go through the crap you have to put up with. I understand why you go on like you do, but other peoples situations are different. Remember that.

• kwakebord

Posted December 21, 2005 - 07:23 PM

I can't believe you guy's haven'y been doing your research, Dubach racing makes an awesome pipe, complete system in stainless for 375. probably the best all around curve you can get. WR's arent about top end power, wrong cams, etc. etc. Yosh is really an yzf pipe in sheeps clothing, others just don'y have the dyno charts . This pipe with the Jd jet kit, and all the basic free mods makes these bkies bark, and preform the way they are supposed to.

• Matty05

Posted December 21, 2005 - 07:26 PM

They are all YZF pipes, they just happen to fit WR's!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 698floyd

Posted December 21, 2005 - 07:33 PM

Yeah, I'm Glad you don't live here.

• mr731

Posted December 21, 2005 - 07:45 PM

Yeah, I'm Glad you don't live here.

it must suck to live in the seppo land, land of the free.......don't think so :applause:
australia- free of idiots

• TWILES

Posted December 21, 2005 - 08:43 PM

[ as far as I know. QUOTE]

this is from the guy with the picture of the quad. are you involved with any clubs in your area that works with government agencies? you should be. if you ride on federal land (forest service, blm ) there are noise regulations and they are going to get tougher. i don't mean to fire up an old topic (sound)so i'll let it go. get involved.

Actually I'm not involved in any clubs and couldn't care less. Kentucky, Tennessee, DON'T HAVE SOUND LAWS. Turkey Bay is in a National Wildlife Preserve. Anything goes. As long as you stay in the bounderies, you are free to do and ride anything. No one complains or even cares. The only rules are to wear a helmet or a setbelt if you have one. Now I see why no one I know gets on this site. All you guys want to do is bitch and say shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. My god, you even took your bitching so far as to bring my 4-wheeler up. When the sound deal get to me, I'll deal with it.
Don't worry about my opinions anymore. I'll pass on this site. Mind my own business and enjoy it.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted December 21, 2005 - 09:47 PM

Don't put a loud pipe on your bike. Simple.
Don't cry when someone else wants one on their bike. Simple.

I will say it again, people just hate motorbikes. It is like skateboarders. I'm sure people can't ride their horses everywhere.

I'll agree with you, people do hate motorbikes.. Absolutely, even if they were silent, electric vehicles. All I'm saying is that we as a group need to change the "louder the better" mentality. It's a piss poor attitude to have... We're not giving in to anyone by being under 100dbs... I've been on your side and I see your points. Guys ride loud Harleys to get noticed, I don't think we need to be more noticed. I'm not crying or whining... The fact that we are talking about it is a success.... Get used to this subject, it'll be talked about for years to come.. I would love to see Thumpertalk make an effort in the future with the "less sound,more ground" initiative.. People like Malcolm Smith,Scott Summers, Dick Burleson, Jimmy Lewis etc.. along with the BRC are fighting for our rights to keep areas open.. The least we can do is be more responsible and educate someone looking for a pipe with the attitude that louder would be better.

:applause:

• WR426Frider

Posted December 21, 2005 - 10:37 PM

OK, when I started this forum I did not intend to get anyone steamed up over the topic of sound level. When I say loud, I am not talking about anything over 105 db, I just want something that is not quieter than stock, uncorked. I am a 17 year old male, I think that most other males my age will agree with the "louder is better". This is something I will more likely grow out of. The only places I ride at is privately owned land. I am sure that I will have to deal with sound level sooner or later, but for now I want to enjoy my youth while I still have it and have my bike loud.

• ARin

Posted December 21, 2005 - 11:50 PM

even the "quiet" pipes, such as the white brothers E2, are still pretty damn loud. I am always suprised at how loud my e2 is....but the biggest difference from stock is the "SOUND" of it....it has a more aggressive, more crisp sound.

• ARin

Posted December 21, 2005 - 11:56 PM

also i just want to mention, i find it odd that the "rest of the world" sees americans as self-important braggarts....yet, i seem to see it consistently from the ozzies on this site. Do all ozzies like to piss on other peoples countries, and tout the merits of their own?

Im glad my mates from Kalgoorlie dont act like that.

• tmckeown

Posted December 22, 2005 - 02:01 AM

Hi,

As we all know opinions are like ********, everyone has one :cry:

Problem is that we so easily forget to separate our feeling from material things. So if anyone dares to judge on even look crossed on what we have / use it is an insult to our person. :cry:

Let's just keep open mind and listen why someone is using something else than we have or why they prefer something else than we do :applause:

I always TRY to listen to others opinions and take them in count if they are fact based and do also really make sense to me.

There are also people in every single forum I have been in who likes to troll other people and pour gasoline into fire :bonk:

Wishing good holidays for every single one :cry:

Timo Mc

• Matty05

Posted December 22, 2005 - 03:17 AM

also i just want to mention, i find it odd that the "rest of the world" sees americans as self-important braggarts....yet, i seem to see it consistently from the ozzies on this site. Do all ozzies like to piss on other peoples countries, and tout the merits of their own?

Im glad my mates from Kalgoorlie dont act like that.

I lived in Kalgoorlie! They are the worst of the crowd! Men to women there is about 4:1, The main street is full of pubs, the second main street is full of brothels (all legal!) so, yes, either your mates are gay (4:1 men???) or your mates are worse than you think!

It's Aussie, and yes, we are better than you.
We are the king of sport, we don't wear helmets when we play rugby, we don't wear gloves when we put bat to ball.

Harden up!

• ARin

Posted December 22, 2005 - 03:18 AM

ya well, we all own guns...

so YOU harden up. :applause:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.