Best exhaust for the money

64 replies to this topic
  • WR426Frider

Posted December 19, 2005 - 04:43 PM

If i am going to spend 500 dollors or more I want to make sure that I am buying the right one. I have a 02 WR426, I live in ohio so I dont have to worry about a db level, louder the better :applause: I am not sure what brand to go with? Any help well be appreciated.

• Matty05

Posted December 19, 2005 - 04:53 PM

Stick to the big brands, like procircuit, white bro's, fmf, yoshimura.....
get one to suit your style of riding, like a lowboy leader for more bottom end.
The top systems are about the same money anyway.

My Procircuit Ti GP lowboy full system is truely awesome. Build quality is sano
and it is loud too! Real loud! No compromise on power what so ever.

• 642MX

Posted December 19, 2005 - 05:04 PM

I had a Yoshimura RS3 that really performed well, but did not hold up at all. It dinged up easy, clamp broke, and S pipe bent from heat. I would not recommend the Yoshi. I've got a FMF powerbomb header, mid pipe and 14" anodized slip on. It runs better than ever, seems durable and looks nice.

• TWILES

Posted December 20, 2005 - 09:00 AM

Big Gun has a nice looking pipe for $339. A lot of guys use then on their 4-wheelers.

• baha

Posted December 20, 2005 - 09:24 AM

Big Gun has a nice looking pipe for $339. A lot of guys use then on their 4-wheelers.

I have a EVO X on a 450, sounds good--rips--and was one of the better values, I see adds for the whole system for that price range.

• tmckeown

Posted December 20, 2005 - 09:26 AM

Hi,

I have Akrapovitch, working really nice. If you're going to race take care that you have a noise killer. Othervise you fail the soundcheck

Timo Mc

• WR426Frider

Posted December 20, 2005 - 09:54 AM

I have been looking at the big gun EVO X and was wondering where do you notice the added power, I am looking for more power on the low end.

• Indy_WR450

Posted December 20, 2005 - 10:09 AM

More low end power requires an open exhaust. I would go with a FMF Powercore 4 with 2" opening and optional removable Sparky and quiet core insert! :applause:

• WR426Frider

Posted December 20, 2005 - 10:19 AM

With the Power Core 4 can u use your stock header?

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted December 20, 2005 - 10:55 AM

I live in ohio so I dont have to worry about a db level, louder the better :applause:

The louder the better? What planet do you live on?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted December 20, 2005 - 11:57 AM

With the Power Core 4 can u use your stock header?

I believe so. I use the SS Powerbomb header the stock Ti header wont last a full year. :applause:

• WR426Frider

Posted December 20, 2005 - 04:59 PM

Thanks for all the help, after reading the info on all the different models, I think i have decide to go with the power core 4, since this pipe flow a lot better i will need to re-jet, do these exhaust come with recommended jets?

• old man dan

Posted December 20, 2005 - 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WR426Frider
I live in ohio so I dont have to worry about a db level, louder the better

Quote "The louder the better? What planet do you live on?"

I can't believe only one person commented on this. Theres no escaping the FACT that noise kills riding areas.

• 642MX

Posted December 20, 2005 - 05:18 PM

Thanks for all the help, after reading the info on all the different models, I think i have decide to go with the power core 4, since this pipe flow a lot better i will need to re-jet, do these exhaust come with recommended jets?

I think White Bros. is the only exhaust that comes with a main jet. FMF has a jetting guide on there web site. Or you could get a JD jet kit (which I hope Santa is bringing me).

• clark4131

Posted December 20, 2005 - 06:25 PM

...I think i have decide to go with the power core 4...

FMF is releasing the Titanium Powercore in a few weeks. It's rated at a 100db (on a CRF250R), and is going for $299. According to tech I spoke with at FMF, it's heads and shoulders above the old one. I'll be putting one on in the spring in place of my Q2, but if you're looking now, I say go for it!...SC

• TWILES

Posted December 20, 2005 - 08:17 PM

I have been looking at the big gun EVO X and was wondering where do you notice the added power, I am looking for more power on the low end.

You don't get that much more power from just a pipe. The pipe will spread out the power you DO have and mabey add a little. A WR should really be helped with a pipe. The aftermaket pipes are straight through like the MX pipes on the YZ's. I just took the insert out of mine and it is unbelievable the difference it made. Loud Pipes Save Lives :applause: We have 450's. I think they should sound like 450's. Not sewing machines

• Matty05

Posted December 20, 2005 - 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WR426Frider
I live in ohio so I dont have to worry about a db level, louder the better

Quote "The louder the better? What planet do you live on?"

I can't believe only one person commented on this. Theres no escaping the FACT that noise kills riding areas.

Go back in your hole, if he wanted a quiet pipe, he would have kept with the crappy stock pipe.

noise doesn't kill riding area's.

• Matty05

Posted December 20, 2005 - 10:24 PM

You don't get that much more power from just a pipe. The pipe will spread out the power you DO have and mabey add a little. A WR should really be helped with a pipe. The aftermaket pipes are straight through like the MX pipes on the YZ's. I just took the insert out of mine and it is unbelievable the difference it made. Loud Pipes Save Lives :applause: We have 450's. I think they should sound like 450's. Not sewing machines

Get a pipe! you think your bike is good now! I did the same as you with my stock muffler, then tried my mates YZ pipe. It added a bit more power over the whole rev range, it was very noticable.

I got my Procircuit pipe, and holy crap! It adds soooo much more power everywhere! I would love to dyno the difference because my bike definately feels like it has a heap more power than my mates YZ450.

Ditch the stocker! it is crap! It is an embarrasment to yamaha!

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted December 21, 2005 - 06:48 AM

Go back in your hole, if he wanted a quiet pipe, he would have kept with the crappy stock pipe.

noise doesn't kill riding area's.

Matty, ya know.. Sometimes you can be a real poop head!!!

You are WRONG!!!!!! Noise DOES kill riding areas.. Sometime you should crawl out of your hole and open your eyes to the problems our sport is facing. Don't give me crap about how great your country is because nobody cares about sound (like you've done before). Of course the stock pipe is crap.... But "The louder the better" attitude can kiss my ass.. :applause:

• baha

Posted December 21, 2005 - 08:39 AM

Matty, ya know.. Sometimes you can be a real poop head!!!

You are WRONG!!!!!! Noise DOES kill riding areas.. Sometime you should crawl out of your hole and open your eyes to the problems our sport is facing. Don't give me crap about how great your country is because nobody cares about sound (like you've done before). Of course the stock pipe is crap.... But "The louder the better" attitude can kiss my ass.. :applause:

I kinda like having all the bikes a little less loud, no fun to listen to somebodys deafing ride. Oh it will catch on down there too!!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.