Cam mod on the WR

5 replies to this topic
  • ford780

Posted December 19, 2005 - 03:54 PM

I was wandering if you can do the cam mod on it like you can do to the YFZ to get the YZ timing. i have the YFZ and am going to put in a WR-450 crank, rod and piston.
THANKS

• Matty05

Posted December 19, 2005 - 03:56 PM

no, auto decomp prevents that.

• Indy_WR450

Posted December 19, 2005 - 04:18 PM

Just buy a YZ450 exhaust cam. I have a buddy that is buying a YFZ450 exhaust cam for his YZ450 to make it half way between a WR and YZ timed! :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matty05

Posted December 19, 2005 - 04:54 PM

Did you mean YFZ?

• Indy_WR450

Posted December 19, 2005 - 07:39 PM

Yes I meant YFZ450 cam. Fixed post thanks. :applause:

• Punisher660

Posted February 09, 2006 - 05:59 PM

Just buy a YZ450 exhaust cam. I have a buddy that is buying a YFZ450 exhaust cam for his YZ450 to make it half way between a WR and YZ timed! :thumbsup:

Not recommended!

Do the cam mod (move it 1 tooth on the cam timing)
I have a few friends that moved to the YZ cam and it hurt starting ability, not to mention was not as big of a gain as simply changing the timing. Not trying to start anything, but have first hand experiance on this one. We lined up 2 quads (YZ camed) vs (YZ timed) - you wouldn't think it would be different, but it is - YZ timed pulled much harder on the top and maintained ease of starting. YZ camed had a little more bottom and fell off on the top + became finicky to start.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.