Expert advice only; What would you do? sell yzf450 or modify?

5 replies to this topic
  • 123jeffro23

Posted December 19, 2005 - 11:48 AM

I have a yzf450 2004. 2 years old now. Runs excellent. However, i go to the track mostly and just started going to Baja. I really like Baja and the track a little less. Don't really go to the Dunes anymore. Want to start riding Baja more and know will go to the track once every 2 months.

Obviously the stock 450 needs additions to make it Baja worthy; fuel tank, skid plate, light, kickstand, steering dampener... the list goes on.

i weigh 200 pounds and feel the 450 is a little powerful for the track; my friend rides a 250 four stroke Suzuki at Lake Elsinore and does fine.

What should i do? Buy all the parts for my 450 and use it for track and Baja? or should i sell it and get a WR450 and use that for track and Baja? or just bite the bullet and have two bikes even though i ride only 1 every 2 months?

:applause:

• biznet1

Posted December 19, 2005 - 12:20 PM

Well, I believe you would get tons of good advice for such an easy question, but "expert" is subjective. I wonder how many will claim that they are?

• Ga426owner

Posted December 19, 2005 - 01:37 PM

I have a yzf450 2004. 2 years old now. Runs excellent. However, i go to the track mostly and just started going to Baja. I really like Baja and the track a little less. Don't really go to the Dunes anymore. Want to start riding Baja more and know will go to the track once every 2 months.

Obviously the stock 450 needs additions to make it Baja worthy; fuel tank, skid plate, light, kickstand, steering dampener... the list goes on.

i weigh 200 pounds and feel the 450 is a little powerful for the track; my friend rides a 250 four stroke Suzuki at Lake Elsinore and does fine.

What should i do? Buy all the parts for my 450 and use it for track and Baja? or should i sell it and get a WR450 and use that for track and Baja? or just bite the bullet and have two bikes even though i ride only 1 every 2 months?

:bonk:

I am having Deja Vu..........

keep the 450 for tracks and buy a 525 for Baja! :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MotoGoalie

Posted December 19, 2005 - 01:44 PM

I'm an expert.

DON'T DOUBLE POST !

Jeffro if you gonna be a retard then go buy a CRF and bitch about the valves.

Jebus. :applause:

• 00YZ426FMRCD

Posted December 19, 2005 - 04:49 PM

I am having Deja Vu..........

keep the 450 for tracks and buy a 525 for Baja! :applause:

Ditto - That was my same thoughts. You may want to PM Indy_WR450 - He has both a WR450 and a 525. I would think the 525 would be an awesome machine for the desert/Baja.

• sjwr450

Posted December 19, 2005 - 05:13 PM

My WR450 rips in Baja. I would not trade it. Everytime I look at the KTM I want one. Until I go ride mine. It is geared taller and has all the parts needed for Baja. Went a registered 96 last time out on the lake bed and I could still throw it around much easier then the others in my pack. Only bike out of 9 that did not get a bolt turned the entire 740 mile trip. That said the 525 is nice.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.