instead of P-38 can you buy the '01 FCR throttle pump?

4 replies to this topic
  • ballistic

Posted September 01, 2001 - 08:42 PM

Is it possible to buy/retrofit the new fcr throttle pump assembly onto the old-style fcr? Get my drift? Why spend $75. on a P-38 when maybe you can upgrade the carb itself for a similar amount of cash? That way you could then do the BK mod, which is superior because its adjustable not fixed.

Anyone looked into it? How much$? Will it work? Bolt on, or no go?

• MN_Kevin

Posted September 02, 2001 - 03:11 AM

I too have the older carb (99). The carb body itself is COMPLETELY different.

The only way to do what you want is to swap the ENTIRE carb. I think it goes for ~ $800.00.

'99 WZ/YR (you choose!) with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Taffy

Posted September 02, 2001 - 11:53 PM

i know that we're limiting the APJ by using the P-38 but has anyone found a way of making it start slightly later as in; just after you've opened the throttle off the bottom?

• MN_Kevin

Posted September 03, 2001 - 02:13 AM

Never heard of anything like that for our carbs.

Maybe if we place an order (2000+ units!) from Yamaha on the 2002 WR carbs...we could get a "group rate" discount? :)

• Taffy

Posted September 03, 2001 - 04:14 AM

what i mean is; our 98/99 carbs squirt the moment you touch the throttle from closed, that's why JD was bemoaning the fact that most of it hit the slide face!

on the y2k and '01 models it has a built in delay (i believe).

my bike off closed is excellent but it has gone AWOL at 1/4 throttle. i had this once before and pulled the APJ off completely and it went like snot. not quite the same symptoms this time so i'm going to get on with it this saturday if i can.

i've also been over to the wr?yz 250 site and asked if i can borrow a 37mm carb for the day. finally i'm after a vortex ignition.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.