2006 Baja 1000 ?

47 replies to this topic
  • Husky_Forever

Posted December 23, 2005 - 06:46 PM

Who would be dumb enough to run a Husky in those races?

Are you offering FREE pits to Harley Davidson and Vespa riders as well?

LOL! Thats a good one. I'd bite, but dinner right now looks more appealing, Maybe it is the 11 Score Championships won on Huskys or the fact that they are a bike meant to do everything off road well. And actually speaking, some Harley's have raced in Baja in the last 30 years and we are not talking the Harley 125s or 250s either. Same with Vespas if your old enough to remember that far back. And a Model T Ford and a Winnebago Motorhome too. Also an XR 80 with a 4 gallon tank as well. Ah but now we would have to go back to racing Baja in the 70's. Currently though, I dont know anybody that is offering free pit support to any brand of bike racing Score, EXCEPT Husqvarnas for 2006. Not even Honda or Mag 7. Merry Christmas Jap. :applause: Steny

• NYKTM

Posted December 23, 2005 - 06:57 PM

"I gotta have more cow bell!"

I love that line in your SIG, that had to be the best SNL skit ever... "I got a fever.. and the only cure is more cowbell"

• Cosmo

Posted December 23, 2005 - 07:21 PM

Honda DOES and WILL offer FREE pit support to certain teams.Not everyone.If I remember correctly MAG 7 picked up the tab the last couple of years for dp racing.All they had to do was be 'members' of MAG 7? Offering me free pit support unfortunately does not fire me up enough to run out and buy a Husky.

• Husky_Forever

Posted December 23, 2005 - 07:54 PM

Honda DOES and WILL offer FREE pit support to certain teams.Not everyone.If I remember correctly MAG 7 picked up the tab the last couple of years for dp racing.All they had to do was be 'members' of MAG 7? Offering me free pit support unfortunately does not fire me up enough to run out and buy a Husky.

I haven't meet a team yet that got free pit support and fuel from Honda except the A and B team. Doesn't mean they are not out there, just means I have not met or heard of them. As far as Mag 7 goes, Seve teams (DP) was required to be a Mag 7 member and paid for his pits. I should know, I was the President of Mag 7 from 98-03. DP quit racing with MAG 7 in January of 03 however because they didn't like the way our monthly meetings went here in San Diego with the josting and bickering that goes on with all large teams.

Free pit support and 4 gallons of fuel at every pit does fire up a lot of guys that pay for this service every year with other teams. Talking about it on the XR 650 site probably doesn't, but you asked? And with the Husky effort, the A and B teams wont get preferential treatment over the other racers when they both enter the pit at the same time. If you have raced with Honda, you know that to be the fact there between the A/B team and everyone else that pays $1.00 or more a mile for pits. :applause: Steny

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mjlang

Posted December 23, 2005 - 10:56 PM

[quote name='PowerCell'][quote name='mjlang']The only limitation is you have to race a Honda.[QUOTE]

Mike - If you were any kind of man, you'd race that DT125... :applause:[/QUOTE]

My DT 125 runs better than anything in PowerCell's garage. I've been there and I've seen the parts... not running motorcycles. So Ken, the DT is a step up however slow but reliable and how can you pass up 4 inches of suspension travel.

Morgan

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted December 23, 2005 - 11:19 PM

If anyone is looking for a rider for their team for 06 I would be interested in being part of a Baja 1000 team effort. I'm good for 500 miles or so... PM me if you're interested.... I'll be 40 next year (class) and I do well in the Expert class.. Have support and experience.... I'll always bring the bike in... No excuses,No problems,No DNF's, Have radio...

Dan :applause:

• GRAHAM25

Posted December 24, 2005 - 04:59 AM

"I gotta have more cow bell!"

I love that line in your SIG, that had to be the best SNL skit ever... "I got a fever.. and the only cure is more cowbell"

:applause: :bonk: :cry: :cry:
I needed that to start my day off right. Great SIG.

• PowerCell

Posted December 25, 2005 - 07:53 PM

My DT 125 runs better than anything in PowerCell's garage. I've been there and I've seen the parts... not running motorcycles. So Ken, the DT is a step up however slow but reliable and how can you pass up 4 inches of suspension travel.

Morgan

Bitta' baby... :applause:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.