Stock Springs?

2 replies to this topic
  • WRipper

Posted September 01, 2001 - 08:15 PM

I've put 500 miles on my bike so far and LOVE it. (2001 Canadian WR 426 w/lid removed.) I was just wondering if you guys are running the stock springs? I weigh 220 pounds with all of my gear on. I have not cranked down the nut on the monoshock yet. Any advice would be apreciated.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mr_Toyz

Posted September 02, 2001 - 07:46 AM

I weigh the same and I run stock 46's in the front with 7.5 weight oil set at 95. I run 56's(50 is stock) in the rear.

Works great for the woods and the track!

Good Luck!

Mr T

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted September 02, 2001 - 02:27 PM

I weigh pretty much the same as you do and I'm still using the stock springs, front and rear on my '99. I recently set the race and free sag on my bike--it made a BIG difference--but I'm just at the end of the adjustment range. Actually, I'm a little over. Race sag is at 108 mm and free sag is 12 mm. Recommended RS is 100 mm and FS is 15-35 mm. This tells me that I need to go up at least one spring rate increment, maybe two. BTW, when I got the spring working properly, (I look at the preload as the adjustment of how much work the spring performs) I adjusted my compression damping front and rear 2 clicks softer. I stiffened the rear rebound damping 2 clicks. These suspension adjustments have completely transformed the handling of my bike. It was very good before, now it's outstanding and I can ride a lot faster with much less fatigue.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.