Rekluse - whats it like?

24 replies to this topic
  • snow

Posted December 25, 2005 - 06:59 PM

So say i'm coming up to a rock tree stump ect or in the sand dunes a lip. So on my current clutch I can just barly blip the throttle and snap front end up. So does the rekluse take any of this away when moving???

• biznet1

Posted December 25, 2005 - 07:28 PM

It will take a slight "hit" out of the throttle, but it's not a problem to bring the front wheel up. It would be the same as you "popping" the clutch to get over the obstacle.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ksrrider

Posted December 25, 2005 - 10:00 PM

So say i'm coming up to a rock tree stump ect or in the sand dunes a lip. So on my current clutch I can just barly blip the throttle and snap front end up. So does the rekluse take any of this away when moving???

Not at all, I can definetly blip the throttle in any gear and loft the front end (the beauty of a yz 450) and if you have the perch override you can use it just like a regular clutch. I ride and race desert on a 04 yz 450 with 15-47 gearing and it rocks, especially in the tecnical parts of the course. It's great when you come up on a bottle neck rock section, just pick the harder line and you will pass several guys just like that.
I bought the clutch due to an injured finger on left hand and was sceptical myself, but after riding with it I can't imagine ever riding without it.

BTW... I was talking to the guys at Rekluse and their in the process of making a new clutch and basket, and will be like a Hinson set up. Sounds real good for my next bike, 06 yz450.

• 642MX

Posted December 26, 2005 - 10:39 AM

What about when your just messing around doing donuts and such?

Heres some goofing off with a Rekluse equipted 426.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think it makes riding more fun. MX, trails, wheelies and goofing off are 100 time easier with the Rekluse.

• Oouthere

Posted December 26, 2005 - 12:15 PM

how is that reckluse clutch for all around riding and just courious how it works in a holeshot type situation not nesecerily racing but just trying to get off the line quickly

I ride a WR450F but managed a Vet's mx race on my daughter's Rekluse equipped YZ250f. I'm 42 years old @ 240lbs and the bike pulled the holeshot against 250 two-smokers. We're not really fast riders though. I forward looped by droping the noise early in the whoop section and it didn't die. I hurt my side but still limped in taking a 1st place win in the 1st heat, didn't run the second heat but the Rekluse is absolutely awesome!

Concerning Rekluse holeshots....you don't do them by throttling-up when the gate drops. You wait about 1 to 2 seconds before the gate drops and go to full throttle while holding the rear brake. Just drop the brake and go!

Rich

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.