I'm buying a GPS to replace a stolen one and I want a good one!

3 replies to this topic
  • J_T

Posted December 18, 2005 - 04:34 PM

I'm finally going to buy another GPS after the one was taken when my truck was stolen. My last one was a bluetooth unit with rechargeable battery that was mainly used with Laptop and palm in car while traveling. I want to get a good one with with these points;

1) that can be used alone for navigation streets in truck as well as mounted to BRP for topo and navigation
2) PC connection for laptop mapping software
3) decent battery life and external power for hardwire into vehicle/bike
???4) is bluetooth too much to ask???

I know I have seen many of you that have mentioned using them so I am looking to you for recommendations b/c you would consider durability, weather, and visibility at speeds that online reviews of stationary units in a vehicle would not consider?

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thank you

JT

• mmxr650r

Posted December 18, 2005 - 08:41 PM

Loved my Garmin GPS V, on the Ram Mount , on my XR650R. Ordered the extra 12-volt cigarette Lighter Adapter, cut the wires, and then wired into a 12-volt battery (picked up at Batteries Plus), that I placed under the seat. It worked great, as the batteries on board the unit, will lose connectivity, in rough riding.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gaspipe

Posted December 18, 2005 - 09:52 PM

My current favorite for offroading is the 60C. They're relatively cheap, have a reasonably fast processor, 54mb of memory, and have a clear, bright, color display. The 60C is tough as hell, like the V. Just hardwire it on the bike, as mentioned in the previous post, batteries won't work for long.

My 60C has survived some pretty spectacular biffs in the most remote places in Mexico, and kept doing the do.

• nate992v

Posted December 19, 2005 - 06:09 AM

Garmin Rhino 130 24MB of map storage, radio, and a whole bunch of other stuff.

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.