Improved torque?

3 replies to this topic
  • Ramcc4x4

Posted December 18, 2005 - 12:18 PM

I was having a conversation the other day about horsepower mods for the XR650R and it got me thinking: are there specific modifications that will significantly INCREASE the bottom end torque of the XR650R?

All I can really think of is a big bore kit or lowering the gearing which would obviously not increase torque output from the engine but would increase torque multiplication. From what I understand there are a few slip-on pipes that might improve torque across the entire powerband.

Any other ideas? Dyno proven?

• roadcam

Posted December 18, 2005 - 12:57 PM

most pipes tend to increase the mid, and upper rpm ranges ... very seldom hear of anyone looking for more low-end torque on these thumpers, hard enough to stay on one as it is ...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TimBrp

Posted December 18, 2005 - 04:40 PM

The only pipe I've read that added some bottom end grunt was the White Bros. E-series...

• xrmoto

Posted December 19, 2005 - 04:35 AM

Going to a high compression piston will give you more torque.

My xr650r with Hotcam stage 1, Mikuni TM40 Full Ackrpovic and 11.1 piston, with ported head makes 47 footpounds of torque

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.