Exhaust gasket '86 XL600R

9 replies to this topic
  • nijkamp

Posted December 18, 2005 - 11:19 AM

Hi,

Just found out that the two copper Exhaust gaskets from my XL600R are missing. Since I don't have the old one's I don't know the dimensions to order new ones. Can't find anything in the Haynes or the Web.

Does anybody know the dimensions (Outer Dia x Inner dia x Thickness)

Thanks in advance

Remco

• BLSBRKR65

Posted December 18, 2005 - 12:44 PM

go to www.bikebandit.com and type in XR 600R year 1987 on.

• BLSBRKR65

Posted December 18, 2005 - 12:46 PM

Didn't Realize You're In Holland. Can't Help You Much With The Diameter. But They Are Shared By Other Bikes Such As Honda Cb's, Xr's, Xl's, Etc... Not Much Help There Either. Huh?

• roadcam

Posted December 18, 2005 - 12:54 PM

first place I would go for those gaskets is a Honda Dealer ... no dealers where you live ??

• nijkamp

Posted December 18, 2005 - 01:07 PM

Thnx for reply. They sure got a lot of parts, but is XR only not XL. (Altough gasket probably is the same)Thing is, I live in Holland and if I order in US delivery will be 3-4 weeks.

Remco

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • goblin127

Posted December 18, 2005 - 03:25 PM

Make sure they really are missing because these don't just fall out. It may be that what you are seeing is infact gasket. I allways have had to use a screw driver and a hamer and tap them around to get them to budge.

• nijkamp

Posted December 19, 2005 - 04:05 AM

Good gesture, I'll check.

• OldThumperLover

Posted December 19, 2005 - 08:57 AM

Just replaced those gaskets last weekend on my 84 XL600. I got them from www.mrcycles.com, and they have an online fiche. I thought mine were missing too, but actually they were there, but compressed way down. I had to pry them out. If they are there, make sure you don't score the gasket surface when you pry them out. :applause:

• Mantrasonica

Posted December 19, 2005 - 09:13 AM

In a pinch you could probably find copper crush rings at your local hardware store.

I've done it this way in the past.

• nijkamp

Posted December 20, 2005 - 03:56 AM

Thnx, OldThumperlovers site led to a Part No (18291-216-000) which (through Google.com) led to dim's.

(40 x 32 x 4).

Thanx Guys for the help.

Remco

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.