2006 Yamaha Bashing.

36 replies to this topic
  • RAMARION

Posted December 19, 2005 - 07:22 AM

Well,I changed the oil for the 1st time last nite.I just didn't think it was that bad,OK so you have to use a -12 mm I believe 5mm hex and I took the glide plate off with I 8mm t-handle, Took the filter out but it looked good (no metal) so I'll use it one more ride!As said above small price to pay for a bike that does everything as good as this one does!Every time I have gotten a new bike in the past the 1st ride I didn't like it.Had to get it set up this way or that way.make it softer make it harder.This one I adj the front clicker 2 clicks and away I went!1st lap hit the biggest jump on the track!It does feel strange shifting a little more but I like it to say the least!!!!

Dude its well worth it, but then by reading your name (CRFthumper) you might be used to the 20 diferant wrench ordeal.... :cry: :applause:

I love this bike.................. :bonk:

I busted Honda CRF's reg their oil changing and air filter r/r as well when I bought a 05 CRF 450.

• velosapiens

Posted December 19, 2005 - 09:13 AM

Tell AMA District 36 about "B" riders needing yellow backgrounds. It's not my favorite color, but that's the way it goes.

get faster. in nevada the yellow is for the amateur class (roughly the same as :applause:. experts use white backgrounds with black numbers.

caring about what your bike looks like is kind of a 'queer eye' thing anyway. it's supposed to go fast, not look 'fabulous'.

mw

• XT2YZ

Posted December 19, 2005 - 11:24 AM

the one thing i noticed is that for the oilfilter cover that there is 3 allen key bolts :applause:( unlike my 04yz250f where there is 1 allen and 2 reg.) also one thing i read in the manual is that there is a oilfilter cover drain bolt,(something new??) :bonk: :cry: :p :cry: :cry:

On the '04 the allen is the oil filter cover drain bolt.

• ThumperKid250F

Posted December 19, 2005 - 04:17 PM

does anybody no if the 06 450 takes the same amout of oil as a 04 yz250f??

• btc20mx

Posted December 19, 2005 - 04:21 PM

lmao, i noticed all the tools my dad had out today while he was changing the oil. It just didnt register.

• ThumperKid250F

Posted December 19, 2005 - 04:27 PM

ok i just looked in both manuals both bikes take 1.2 L

awesome just makes my oilchanges easier

• CRFThumper

Posted December 19, 2005 - 04:29 PM

Dude its well worth it, but then by reading your name (CRFthumper) you might be used to the 20 diferant wrench ordeal.... :cry: :applause:

I love this bike.................. :bonk:

I busted Honda CRF's reg their oil changing and air filter r/r as well when I bought a 05 CRF 450.

Me too!I bought a crf in 02 kept it 9 months and went back blue! I just havent changed my name back so as too not lose my post I have worked so hard to get! 760 post since 11-01 it takes me too long to get them just to throw them out the window! :cry:

• Reyndogg

Posted December 19, 2005 - 07:50 PM

PM an admin, they can change your name for you so you can keep your post count

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mike_socal

Posted December 20, 2005 - 08:50 AM

On the oil hitting the tire issue. Why can't you just use the bolt to direct the oil stream? That's what I use to do with my 04 yz250f and it's doesn't sound like the 450 is much different. If you just yank the bolt out, yeah the oil will hit the front tire. Hold the bolt and direct the oil downward into the pan.

• xtreme165

Posted December 20, 2005 - 09:02 AM

Why not just lift the pan up and as the oil pressure drops lower the pan down until it's on the ground again some making a big deal out of nothing. :applause:

• MotoGoalie

Posted December 20, 2005 - 09:24 AM

Why not just lift the pan up and as the oil pressure drops lower the pan down until it's on the ground again some making a big deal out of nothing. :applause:

No kidding. It's not rocket science. :bonk:

• DBH

Posted December 20, 2005 - 01:19 PM

Get faster..... that's the idea!

• DPW

Posted December 20, 2005 - 01:35 PM

Three hex bolts on the oil filter two 12mm drains plugs and a skid plate...Sounds like pretty much any other YZF. I don't understand what the big deal is with the oil change. The only complaint I have is that darn powerful engine is wearing out the 756....gawd I hate this bike....note sarcasm..

• Reyndogg

Posted December 20, 2005 - 05:27 PM

Did my first oil and air filter change on my 06 450 tonight...

I didn't think it was too bad, a bit more work than my previous bike (03 YZ250f) but i think i worked out how to do it pretty easily.

1 5mm hex t-handle
1 12mm t-handle
1 12mm box wrench

I keep these all on my pegboard so they're easy to get to.

The filter cover bolts were super tight stock :applause: but the o-rings seem fine, thankfully.

I think it takes about 5 min longer, which isn't too bad i guess... I'm sure with a few more changes it wont be a big deal. It's new and different, so we aren't used to it yet..

:bonk:

• DaisyCutter

Posted December 27, 2005 - 08:06 AM

Tell AMA District 36 about "B" riders needing yellow backgrounds. It's not my favorite color, but that's the way it goes.

Yellow may be ugly, but I EARNED that color last year.

Here's how my race series does it:

A: Red backgrounds with white numbers and letters

B: Yellow backgrounds with black numbers and letters

C: Green backgrounds white numbers and letters

Sportsmen: white backgrounds with black numbers

(I'm just glad I never had to race with a "cool" white background.)

• mxmob33

Posted December 27, 2005 - 11:39 AM

It's sort of embarrassing to ask this, since I've been riding and racing since I was a young tot. But is there seperate enigne and gear oils on the 06 YZ450F?

I was a long time two-stroke holdout, and just bought my first thumper(Which is such a better bike). After my first ride I changed my oil (Removed skid plate, drained oil, changed filter, refill oil). But a friend of mine said that the oils are probably seperate. So is this true, should I read the my owners manuel for the first time in my life?

• RAMARION

Posted December 27, 2005 - 04:42 PM

It's sort of embarrassing to ask this, since I've been riding and racing since I was a young tot. But is there seperate enigne and gear oils on the 06 YZ450F?

I was a long time two-stroke holdout, and just bought my first thumper(Which is such a better bike). After my first ride I changed my oil (Removed skid plate, drained oil, changed filter, refill oil). But a friend of mine said that the oils are probably seperate. So is this true, should I read the my owners manuel for the first time in my life?

Honda yes, Yami no....

but do drain oils from both drain plugs

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.