WR 426 Dual Sportable?

2 replies to this topic
  • Rsquared

Posted December 17, 2005 - 08:52 AM

I've got the Dual Sport bug. Is the WR 426 a viable option or will it running it on the street lead to an early death for my trusty 01? I have no idea how many Dual Sport miles could be expected from a properly maintained WR 426.

One option I'm considering is getting an XR 650 and converting it to a Dual Sport, do y'all think this would be the better option?

Also, where can I find the best deal on a Dual Sport Kit for either application? The only site I've found so far is Baja Designs and it appears to be a good kit, any thoughts on these?

Thanks,

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wrinmontana

Posted December 17, 2005 - 10:48 AM

I have an 01' 426 dual sported. 2.8 gal. per 100-110 miles. It is great running around town on. It is a little lite if I am on the highway, the drafts and wind really push me around and I am 230 lbs myself. If you are going to do more highway speeds then I would probably opt for a heavier bike, if it is more of a runaround, short jaunts etc... I would dual the 426.

• firezwr426

Posted December 19, 2005 - 06:49 AM

i'm not sure on the laws in texas, but here in utah it was not neccassary to buy an expensive ds kit... the needed requirements here are headlight, taillight, brake light, rearview and horn... I purchased this kit on ebay and I am totally sold... very clean easy to install and great quality...... :applause:
http://cgi.ebay.com/...sspagenameZWDVW
I am not affiliated with this prouduct in any way... just purchased one and I am sharing my experience with it....

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.