05 WR450 Shock Removal

4 replies to this topic
  • Doug kirkpatrick

Posted December 17, 2005 - 06:52 AM

Does any body have any tips for getting the shock out? Is it necessary like the manual shows to disconnect all of the wiring and radiator overflow hoses, or is there a shortcut like there was on older bikes where you just pull the subframe back slightly? If disconnecting the electrical is required, any tips on just what and where I'm disconnecting would be helpful.
Thanks in advance.
Doug

• clark4131

Posted December 17, 2005 - 07:06 AM

Just unbolt the lower portion of the subframe and rotate it upwards. You can access the shock very easily once it's out of the way, no wire disconnection, just the exhaust can. I think it's a matter of about 7 bolts...SC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Doug kirkpatrick

Posted December 17, 2005 - 11:30 AM

Thanks!! Worked great just like you said.
Doug

• team claw

Posted December 18, 2005 - 02:16 PM

Crap!!!!.........of course, I did it the manual way and spent the better part of a day carefully disconnecting and re-connecting everything. :applause:

Wish I'd of known this little tip earlier. At least now I know.

• Matty05

Posted December 18, 2005 - 05:51 PM

Just unbolt the lower portion of the subframe and rotate it upwards. You can access the shock very easily once it's out of the way, no wire disconnection, just the exhaust can. I think it's a matter of about 7 bolts...SC

I go through the top. I have to take off seat, tank, muffler, pull airboot of back of carb, take out top subframe bolt and pull the shock out.

I am getting pretty quick at doing this stuff, just like needle clip changes!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.