What is that little tube on the bottom of the frame?

2 replies to this topic
  • kawirider

Posted December 16, 2005 - 08:58 PM


On my '03, their is a little tube that is maybe 1/2" wide. It comes from the very top of the motor, and when I am idleing, it blows out air. I only noticed it today, because today is the first time I ever rode my bike in flip flops. (stupid I know but it was just around the yard) So, it is on the left side of the bike, and it just blows air and idle. Although, when the revs go higher, it decreases, but it is still there. Anybody know what this is???

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mxis4me

Posted December 16, 2005 - 09:16 PM


its the breather tube for the motor,as the piston moves up and down it displaces the air in the crankcase . thats why it huffs and puffs

  • Satch0922

Posted December 17, 2005 - 06:06 AM


make sure you check it frequently to ensure the end is not clogged with mud or dirt. The bike needs to breathe.

Related Content


Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.