just fitted edelbrock

6 replies to this topic
  • deanlikesstella

Posted December 16, 2005 - 02:06 PM

can anyone help ive just fitted the carb it comes with 3 needles, the bike started after a couple of kicks runs well about the same as the one that came off but no real improvement can anyone help :applause:
Pic here.

• teamwho

Posted December 16, 2005 - 03:41 PM

I havent installed mine yet, just came in the mail, but I thought the whole point of the edelbrock carby was not the performance as much as the ability to start the damn thing after dumping it over, or the stalling on a hill and all that fun stuff you experience with the stock carb.

• TREADMARKS

Posted December 16, 2005 - 04:10 PM

Actually, mine came today too.

Throttle cable routing is kicking my arse right now tho.

Carb is mounted, but I am still routing the drain lines and rerouting my crankcase breather with a Harley azz valve.

I won't be ready to start it till tomorrow.

Where does everyone else with an L route their cables?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • husky123

Posted December 17, 2005 - 11:15 AM

Actually, mine came today too.

Throttle cable routing is kicking my arse right now tho.

Carb is mounted, but I am still routing the drain lines and rerouting my crankcase breather with a Harley azz valve.

I won't be ready to start it till tomorrow.

Where does everyone else with an L route their cables?

Just route them in front of the fork between the right leg and the frame. Slide them in the stock hanger and they'll terminate perfectly at the carb.

Lee

• TREADMARKS

Posted December 17, 2005 - 12:03 PM

Just route them in front of the fork between the right leg and the frame. Slide them in the stock hanger and they'll terminate perfectly at the carb.

Lee

Thanks Lee.

I routed the cables, installed the azz valve from J&P cycles, ran all my drain lines so they won't dump on the rear tire, and wound the throttle body spring 360 degrees tighter. I lubed the cables with Teflon and the throttle feels great lock to lock.

I am concerned that there is only about 1.5" between the Clarke 4.7 and the carb pickup. Not much of an angle but the gas seems to flow OK. She sounds great on the lift at idle.

As soon as my air filter dries out I will take her for a spin. :applause:

• BWB63

Posted December 17, 2005 - 12:48 PM

can anyone help ive just fitted the carb it comes with 3 needles, the bike started after a couple of kicks runs well about the same as the one that came off but no real improvement can anyone help :applause:

I see yours is on a "R"ace bike. You should leave the #19 in first. You will still need to adjust it for your bike and where you ride. Lots of guys like the 18 needle better but, it comes with a #17,#19 (in the carburetor) and a #21. The pump is to rich for some at 2 turns out and lots find it better at 4 turns out. The Needle should be somewhere near 16 clicks out from rich.

• husky123

Posted December 17, 2005 - 03:53 PM

, and wound the throttle body spring 360 degrees tighter. :

Does winding it tighter give the slide a better/faster return?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  171 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.