computers

9 replies to this topic
  • frankstr

Posted December 16, 2005 - 01:38 PM

OK, anyone with experiance with either Trail Tech or ICO computers... :applause:
Good, bads,most rugged, any opinions ....

• knuklehead

Posted December 16, 2005 - 04:59 PM

I've had both,ICO is by far the best,tough too. Trail tech has nice fuctions but not that durable, had four fail, on street use only[SM 650R]

• yz250ftony

Posted December 16, 2005 - 05:08 PM

My dad has one on his 450 for mileage and hours ridden. It works ok the trails no problem.

• danbart

Posted December 16, 2005 - 07:33 PM

Trailtech is decent for the price. It's a step above a bicycle computer. I've had mine for 3 years w/ 0 problems doing some heavy duty offroad. The ICO is top of the line, but you pay for what you get. The new VR Rally has backlighting and can be hardwired to a 12V source.

my 2 cents

• Ramcc4x4

Posted December 17, 2005 - 06:46 AM

I've had my TrailTech Endurance for two years without any problems.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • D36 Transplant

Posted December 17, 2005 - 09:15 AM

I have had the TrailTech Endurance computer installed on my "R" for 2,000+ miles without any problems. I have heard that the older TrailTech computers had problems and couldn't handle the vibration, but TrailTech did warranty them. But it all depends on what you are using the computer for. I use my "R" for dual sport rides and trail riding, so the Endurance works well. I was really happy with the overall fit and finish of the unit. I modified the OEM odometer bracket to mount the head unit. I also have an ICO ProComp, which I use on my 250R for Enduros, but it is a little expensive for dual sport riding. ICO does make a dual sport computer that retails for $119. But you have to bump the head unit buttons to scroll through the displays, taking your hands off of the bars. It might be possible to wire up a thumb switch for an additional $50 bucks. For the price the endurance is nice and it gives you all of the necessary information that you would need for a dual sport ride or trail riding on one screen. My 03 cents...

• qadsan

Posted December 17, 2005 - 10:45 AM

I've owned a number of Trail Techs and they've worked fine for me, but I've also taken very good care of them. They're a light duty unit compared to an ICO and they're break easier, won't withstand water as well, don't have true enduro functions like ICO, etc. For what we needed, the Trail Tech's worked great for the couple years we owned them and Trail Tech's customer service was very good the one time I used them. If you need a true Enduro computer, then pay the money and get the ICO.

I've since switched to Acewell computers as of several months ago and they're working out very well for us so far. Acewell has a number of different units available and Electrosport is official importer / distributor for this product. In fact, Electrosport is the maker of the factory Honda dual sport kits for the Euro Honda's and the Factory Euro Honda's now come with a slightly different version of this same same computer. Our bikes have Electrosport d/s kits and this computer simply plugs right into the harness, but they're easy to connect to a stock bike. Later next year Electrosport will carry this computer with temperature monitoring capabilities so you can monitor oil / coolant temps as well :applause:. Here's a picture and link to this computer at Electrosport. I forget what the price is, but $120'ish or so comes to mind.

http://www.electrosp...eedometers.html

• hill5150

Posted December 17, 2005 - 05:48 PM

Trailtech 2 years and going strong.. :applause:

• Outrider

Posted December 17, 2005 - 08:43 PM

I use the Veypor. It has everything and is backlight all the time and runs off the power of the bike. No Batteries.
http://www.veypor.com/

• strippedthread1

Posted December 18, 2005 - 05:21 AM

I have the Tailtech Lynx. It has a thumb operated remote, wires into a 12v source for the backlight and a magnesium case. Haven't had any problems.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  171 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.