lube on suspension links

5 replies to this topic
  • buffaman

Posted September 01, 2001 - 12:33 PM

I've heard alot about yamaha not putting enough lube on all the suspension links so i called yamaha and they assured me that it is not true, that there is plenty of lube on all the links...well i thought i would challange yamaha and find out for myself...i have a 01 wr426, i have done the complete rear suspension links and there was not enought lube on all the bolts and bearings, when i pulled it all apart there was alittle but not enough so i encourage all you out there is to pull your bike apart and check for yourself, now all i have left is the front bearings...Just thought you should know

• rob1980

Posted September 01, 2001 - 02:09 PM

Yep, I agree totally.
Make sure you do the steering head. I did everything but the steering head, and they notched up and destroyed themselves very quickly!

• Bryan Bosch

Posted September 01, 2001 - 02:49 PM

If you dig into your suspension and find that your bearings are shot, buy the Pivot Works kit. You'll save plenty of bucks over stock and the parts seem to be OEM quality. Just had a complete set installed last week. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Thumper33

Posted September 01, 2001 - 07:01 PM

What is the pivot works kit? Upgrade, or just replacement bearings?

• Bryan Bosch

Posted September 01, 2001 - 07:48 PM

The Pivot Works Kit includes everything to re-build your linkage and swingarm (bearings, races, seals, etc...) I can't find a web site for them, however, your dealer probably knows who they are. I paid $148.00 for the kit.

• john_pearce

Posted September 08, 2001 - 04:16 AM

HI ALL
YESTERDAY I TOOK THE SWINGARM/SHOCK LINKAGE
OUT, AND TO MY HORROR FOUND LITTLE GREASE
ON ANY BEARINGS/BUSHES ETC.
I ONLY DONE THIS AS I WAS GETTING BORED BUT
I'M GLAD I DID.
IT COULD BE MY OWN FAULT THOUGH AS I ALWAYS
USE A POWER WASHER AFTER RIDES . SOME WATER WAS PRESENT IN THE SWINGARM BEARINGS.
ANYWAY ALL BACK TOGEATHER NOW .

JOHN PORTSMOUTH ENGLAND

WR400 Y2K 1200 MILES

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.