06 450 bars, how does it feel for tall riders

39 replies to this topic
  • ThumperKid250F

Posted December 15, 2005 - 05:04 PM

ok i just got my new 06YZ450SE in my garage in the creat and i took the bars out of the box and im just wondering how do thes bars feel for the taller riders. im around 6'2 6'3. i run the jimmy button bend on my 250f can i get that bend in protaper.

thanks guys

• DPW

Posted December 15, 2005 - 06:25 PM

I put the K-Dub Pro Tapers on mine...I'm 6'2. The stockers felt low and too much sweep for me.

This may help...http://www.protaper....eastonbars.html

• Thumparoobonzai

Posted December 15, 2005 - 06:43 PM

What bend comes stock on the '06 450??

• DPW

Posted December 15, 2005 - 06:46 PM

What bend comes stock on the '06 450??

No idea...it's a Yamaha part number on the bars.

• ThumperKid250F

Posted December 15, 2005 - 06:58 PM

I put the K-Dub Pro Tapers on mine...I'm 6'2. The stockers felt low and too much sweep for me.

This may help...http://www.protaper....eastonbars.html

do the K - dubs feel like the jimmy button bend on the rethals...

• DPW

Posted December 15, 2005 - 07:24 PM

do the K - dubs feel like the jimmy button bend on the rethals...

Not sure, it has been years since I have used the Button's. The Windham bend is one of the taller Pro Taper models and has a lot less sweep than the Button's.

Button W 31.77 H 4.33 Sweep 2.63
Windham 32.00 3.90 2.13

Hopefully that will help ...

• Reyndogg

Posted December 15, 2005 - 08:39 PM

I swapped mine out for the reed/henry bend w/my fasst co anti-vibration inserts perma-stuck in them (partly why i swapped them out lol). The reed/henry seem to be just a bit taller.

• bmeador

Posted December 16, 2005 - 02:38 AM

I'm 6ft 4 and really like the hawkins woods high, not a lot of sweep the best bend i have found IMO. :applause:

• Wyatt

Posted December 16, 2005 - 07:07 AM

I put the Windham bend Renthal twin Walls on mine. They feel better than the pro tapers to me. But, I hate bars without crossbars.

The Renthal Windham bend is the same as their Yamaha bend bars. I think they are higher than the stock pro tapers.

• SCIENCE

Posted December 16, 2005 - 08:04 AM

Pro Taper - Factory Suzuki bend should do the trick. Very little sweep and should be high enough for you. Second choice would be the Reed/Henry bend. Save the stockers for when you sell the bike!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • chadapotamus

Posted December 16, 2005 - 10:38 AM

I don't have an '06, but I run the henry bend protapers on my '03. I also ran these bars on my '00 YZ250. They aren't the tallest bars out but I love them because they are pretty straight (don't have a lot of sweep) and seem slightly wider than other bars. They help keep my lanky frame in an agressive riding position comfortably. I'm 6'2" by the way.

• kirby004

Posted December 16, 2005 - 12:22 PM

I too am 6'2" and I changed my 06 stock protapers out for renthal fat bars with a cr high bend. The extra height allowed me extra cockpit room without having to push my bars too far forward. As well, I has made it easier for me to stand up and ride due to the fact that I don't have to bend my knees as much. I can stand taller.

• Siers55

Posted December 17, 2005 - 07:03 AM

The stock bars are too low and narrow. I went with the Reed bend and it made a hudge differnce

• yzkid

Posted December 18, 2005 - 10:38 PM

i use the redd /henry bend also on my 426 but havent installed them on my 2006 450 yet one thing that did not fit was my fastway lowered foot pegs im 6,3 260 and i loved these on my 426 made such a difference soo disapointed they fit but not in the lowered position

• mitocross

Posted December 20, 2005 - 06:47 PM

Please,anybody knows what Pro Taper bend comes stock on the 06 models?
MXA know it alls aren't answering :bonk:

It is very hard to judge what to buy. Personally I think the stock bars have too little sweep,but I saw someone here saying just the opposite. :applause:

• mitocross

Posted December 26, 2005 - 02:16 AM

MXA know it alls aren't answering :cry:

It is very hard to judge what to buy. Personally I think the stock bars have too little sweep,but I saw someone here saying just the opposite. :bonk:

:applause: bump

• DPW

Posted December 26, 2005 - 06:47 AM

MXA know it alls aren't answering :bonk:

It is very hard to judge what to buy. Personally I think the stock bars have too little sweep,but I saw someone here saying just the opposite. :applause:

Why does it matter what model bars are on there stock? You have an '06 do you like the bend, if not buy the bars you want....

I have a friend that works at TR and he told me that the bars where built to Yamaha's specs and are not a bar you can buy from Pro Taper...

• CRFThumper

Posted December 26, 2005 - 06:56 AM

I don't know what bend the bars are butthey are to low for me!I like the width and sweep but just not tall enough.I got a set of tri-star clamps coming and that should help a lot!Wit these clamps you can rise the bars 2" if you wanted to!And they do the best anodizing I have ever seen! ck them out at tri star racing!

• Reyndogg

Posted December 26, 2005 - 07:59 AM

This is rider preference issue; you're gonna have to make this decision. Get what YOU feel good with...

Bars are cheap :bonk:

• mitocross

Posted December 26, 2005 - 10:03 AM

Thanks for your comments. The problem is that here in Slovakia, dealers don't carry Pro Tapers, so I will have to order one set on internet somewhere. Before I make a choice I'd like to know the dimensions I am starting with and choose from the table the way I want to go with the replacement. :applause:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.