Report on WR426 jetting (comments welcome)

No replies to this topic
  • NuckingFuts

Posted December 15, 2005 - 12:59 AM

I picked up my second 02' WR426 a few weeks back and its been sittin in the garage until I could find time to go through it. Currently Pops excessively and wont idle until hot.

Related Mod Summary:
-YZ Timed/03' 450 cam
-grey wire/throttle stop
-Stock Exhaust/not baffle
-Stock jetting

So, I cracked the carb tonight and everything was stock as I suspected. 165MJ, 42PJ, 200MAJ, 65PAJ, needle clip on 4. I up'd the main to a 170 and the pilot to a 45. The float was slightly off so I richened that as well. Airbox still had the snorkel and lid so I tossed them both. Pipe was gutted so I stuck the ProMoto baffle in. Its more changes at one time than I like but this bike needs it. Plus, with such a large MAJ I should be able to get away with that large of main. We'll see. I'll be on the dirt in the morning testing it out.

I'll report back :applause:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.