Red Line

14 replies to this topic
  • 02WR426Cali

Posted December 14, 2005 - 10:09 PM

I'm going to start using REDLINEOIL in my wr426. I was wondering if anyone else has used it and what they think. I know it's good for wet cluthes so please don't give me any BS about it being bad for my clutch. Thanks :applause:

• 02WR426Cali

Posted December 15, 2005 - 10:45 PM

Bump!

• NuckingFuts

Posted December 15, 2005 - 11:39 PM

Ive been happy with redline products in the past..........but I still use Motul as my butter.

• blue_beast_wins

Posted December 16, 2005 - 12:18 AM

Anybody using Amsoil ?

• clark4131

Posted December 16, 2005 - 06:10 AM

Anybody using Amsoil ?

Yep, right here. I go twice as long as I normally would with other brands and the stuff comes out looking brand new every time :applause: ...SC

• JCORMI

Posted December 16, 2005 - 06:15 AM

I used amsoil full syn. in my drz once because I found it "cheap" 6$ a quart. My staple has been silkolene full synthetic since after my break in period. I swear by it. I honestly think it produces smoother shifts,and it can be had from the TT store for like 9$ a quart.
Back to amsoil, it is good oil and I would not hesitate to use it again.

• JCORMI

Posted December 16, 2005 - 06:16 AM

Yep, right here. I go twice as long as I normally would with other brands and the stuff comes out looking brand new every time :applause: ...SC

What is twice as long for you?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • clark4131

Posted December 16, 2005 - 03:56 PM

What is twice as long for you?

Six rides...around 125-150 miles...SC

• NavyNuke

Posted December 16, 2005 - 08:13 PM

redline is great, and you can special order it at autozone for 6 or 7 bucks a quart. once my warranty is up in the WR, no more yamalube.

I also use redline in all my roadrace bikes. some with over 20,000 hard miles on em. never had a bearing failure or other internal problem, except for where I ground through the case cover, and into the stator. that motor never ran right again.

• SJMC_DON

Posted December 16, 2005 - 09:55 PM

I'm going to start using REDLINEOIL in my wr426. I was wondering if anyone else has used it and what they think. I know it's good for wet cluthes so please don't give me any BS about it being bad for my clutch. Thanks :bonk:

Oh man........... That stuff is no good for wet clutches :cry: :cry: :applause:

• clark4131

Posted December 17, 2005 - 07:04 AM

...once my warranty is up in the WR, no more yamalube.

You can start using Red Line now. Yamaha can't void your warranty for using oil other than their own...that's highly illegal!...SC

• 02WR426Cali

Posted December 18, 2005 - 07:16 PM

originally posted by: SJMC_DON
Oh man........... That stuff is no good for wet clutches

Shut up you MORON!!!!!!

• SJMC_DON

Posted December 19, 2005 - 08:14 AM

originally posted by: SJMC_DON
Oh man........... That stuff is no good for wet clutches

Shut up you MORON!!!!!!

Your original post was indignant to us here in this forum- [COLOR=DarkRed]"I know it's good for wet cluthes so please don't give me any BS about it being bad for my clutch."[/COLOR]

Sorry but I just couldn't resist. :bonk: It was joke....... lighten up man and go change your oil :applause:

• JCORMI

Posted December 19, 2005 - 09:24 AM

OK, thats cool, I thought you meant alot longer than that. :applause:

• RichBaker

Posted December 19, 2005 - 02:46 PM

Is that 25 mpr(miles per ride)? I hope not, that makes for a pretty short ride....I couldn't live with myself if I only rode 25 miles at a time! :applause:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.