No Toil

27 replies to this topic
  • rdefonce

Posted January 17, 2006 - 09:25 AM

never had much luck with the unis and other twin foam filters. They tend to choke up the airflow.

But everyone has opinions. I like the notoil stuff cause it is so easy to clean. Just dont over oil the filter and keep the airbox clean.

I concur; I've had troubles in past with twin foam filters choking up airflow, even though I squeezed out excess. I was using UNI filter oil.

I'm going to use Ready filters, then throw away and intall new one. I'm done with cleaning filters!

• DOIWANTATHUMPER

Posted January 17, 2006 - 09:36 AM

I was a die hard No-Toil fan for a while but now I just use TwinAir Filters with PJ1 Filter Oil/Cleaner ... Reason being: I was using no toils stuff and I decided to clean and oil my filter before a ride but I had no cleaner left... So I decided I would do my best with my PJ1 cleaner, and some warm water... The No-Toil oil doesnt like anything other than No-Toil cleaner... And WATER is probably No-Toils worst enemy... The combination turned No-Toils oil into a sloppy, disgusting, white, lotiony, almost unremovable jelly that just wouldnt come clean... Up until this moment, I have never had a problem... I couldnt imagine what my bike would be sucking in if I was riding and water got inside the air box onto the air filter... I don't use No-Toil anymore to say the least... I would only recommend No-Toil to someone who knows they wont get the filter wet...

• kevin nichols

Posted January 17, 2006 - 03:31 PM

No-toil is it. Easier maintenance, better performance, non toxic and no gloves or fumes. I won't buy another brand.

• Open_Class

Posted January 17, 2006 - 03:35 PM

No-toil is it. Easier maintenance, better performance, non toxic and no gloves or fumes. I won't buy another brand.

:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • nicholsd

Posted January 19, 2006 - 01:32 PM

Don't know what my problem is...other than not riding enough. So I'll have to set a goal for '06...ride it!

• FlEYEingDubyah

Posted February 10, 2006 - 09:35 PM

I found one draw back with NoToil. If you don't change out your filter on a regular basis regardless even if there is very little dirt on the exposed surface of the filter the oil will "glue" itself to the air box mounting surface and the filter cage!!!!

Just throw the filter and filter cage (as one piece) into a bucket of warm water for a few minutes and the filter falls off the cage like the meat from the bone on a perfectly cooked rib.

Then I throw cleaner (generic Oxi-Clean) into the bucket and continue the cleaning process.

I didn't figure this out until I tore the stock filter to pieces.

• migs647

Posted February 11, 2006 - 12:53 AM

I have mixed feelings about No Toil. Some air filters do not like No Toil... this may have changed... let me be more specific.

Back in 2000... I was riding a 2000 KX 250. I was sponsored by Uni. I had about 5 filters. I was also the care taker of competition park in San Jacinto, CA. Long story short... about 3 months of use of no toil and its cleaner left the filter foam and glue brittle. I contacted No Toil about it (they were a track sponsor at the time) and they admitted it was true that no toil oil and cleaner could make some filters go bad after repeated use. About 3 weeks later they issued a warning to all the bike shops that carried no toil to only use on no toil and stock filters.

This was 6 years ago and may have changed... I actually have 3 brand new sets of no toil but haven't used it yet. I've stuck with silkolene filter oil / grease and pj1 filter cleaner. This year i'm sponsored by bel-ray so I'll see how that stuff goes.

• migs647

Posted February 11, 2006 - 12:57 AM

I concur; I've had troubles in past with twin foam filters choking up airflow, even though I squeezed out excess. I was using UNI filter oil.

I'm going to use Ready filters, then throw away and intall new one. I'm done with cleaning filters!

Try silkolene filter oil out... Goes on like water and quickly tacts up!

Far as Uni filters... they ARE proven to increase horsepower over your stock filter. Also White Brothers Powerfilters have been proven via dyno as well. I used to use Uni when I was sponsored by them but now i'm sponsored by WB and use those instead.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.