Catastrophic Failure??? I really need some help please.

47 replies to this topic
  • mbwhitfi

Posted December 26, 2005 - 03:52 PM

I believe that is a YFZ engine from the 450 Yama Quad he is parting out.

Keep an eye on Ebay, you can set up a search in your Ebay prefrences that will notify you by E-mail when one shows up.

Otherwise I'd contact some of the big race / salvage shops and ask about a used take out.

• rockieman

Posted December 27, 2005 - 10:14 AM

I would not give up on the rebuild.....I had a similar mishap with my '99 400, dropped a valve onto the top of the piston and had to replace pretty much everything. I did not have to replace the tranny however....I ended up replacing the crank, rod, piston, cylinder, cylinder head and all the valves...My bill came to roughly $1600 in parts, labor was free cause I did it myself with the help of my brother who's a mechanic.
Good luck!

• Motone82

Posted January 05, 2006 - 09:48 AM

Does anyone have any connections on Yamaha parts? Any suggestions on where to get this thing fixed at a decent price. If not I am going to have to sell it. Any help would be appreciated.

• byggd

Posted January 05, 2006 - 12:02 PM

The TT store sells Yamaha parts. The dealer wanted $160 for the auto decompress ex cam and I got it from TT for $117 delivered!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Motone82

Posted January 05, 2006 - 08:38 PM

Any takers?????

2003 WR 450

The bike is in excellent condition. I have many spare parts for the bike. It needs a complete bottom end and possibly some top end parts. I have everything but the motor is out of it at the moment. One of the gears let go and because of the speed I was traveling it did a number on the motor. The Yamaha mechanic said that the bike was well taken care of and the inside of the motor was the cleanest he had seen. The bike has thousands of dollars invested in aftermarket parts. Please let me know if I have missed anything. You will have no problems transferring title. I transferred it into my name at AAA. The bike was registered in Idaho and then brought into California. The pink states that it has over 7500 miles on the odometer but it has nowhere near that. Here is a list of goodies. I am sure I am leaving some things out but here goes.

Bike is in excellent condition.
California street legal with current tags and plate.
The bike has just about every Zip-Ty (Ty Davis) part known to man.
Brand new Dunlop 756’s front and rear
Black DID wheel set with Buchanan stainless HD spokes.
20” front/18” rear
two spare front tires brand new
one set of used tires in good condition
270 mm front wavy full floater rotor
red billet caliper adapter.
Red billet wheel spacers front and rear
Zip Ty chain blocks
Zip Ty axel handles front and rear
Zip Ty fuel screw
Zip Ty magnetic drain plug
Zip Ty neutral switch cover
Complete suspension upgrade including new springs and race tech Gold Valves
TM designworks chain guide and slider.
Complete Pro Circuit Ti-4 Titanium exhaust
Stock exhaust
GYTR quiet insert
Brand new Yuasa battery
Zip Ty upper triple clamp
Scotts steering damper
Pro Taper bars.
Cycra Pro Bend hand guards
2004 starter mods
Zip Ty big tank
YZ tank
WR tank
Spare plastics
LED taillight
F/R brake light switch
4 seats including 2 brand new SDGs and a soft Ceet seat.
2005 style fork guards
Carbon fiber fork guards
Carbon fiber frame guards
Carbon fiber skid plate
Acerbis mirror
Pro Moto Billet kick stand
And the list goes on and on……..

• snakesausage

Posted January 05, 2006 - 09:41 PM

Part it out and sell it on Ebay. There was on that just sold parted out this week. It looked like from the bids that he was getting at the time that he was getting much more than it was worth whole.

• Frostbite

Posted January 06, 2006 - 06:03 AM

How much $$$?

• MotoGoalie

Posted January 06, 2006 - 07:42 AM

How much do you want for the complete carb (sans the zip ty stuff) and the rear wheel?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.