Toolbag supplies?

32 replies to this topic
  • wheelnut46

Posted December 13, 2005 - 09:28 AM

The rear fender mounted toolbag on my (new for me) XR650L was empty when I bought it.
What items did it come with and what items should be added to carry with me at all times?
Thanks

• JackAttack

Posted December 13, 2005 - 09:42 AM

If your riding an "L" I would suggest such items as:

1. comb and styling gel
2. Mirror or small compact case
3. lip balm
4. finger nail emery-board

:applause:

• Supplicate

Posted December 13, 2005 - 09:45 AM

If your riding an "L" I would suggest such items as:

1. comb and styling gel
2. Mirror or small compact case
3. lip balm
4. finger nail emery-board

:p

:applause: :ride:

I carry a bunch of stuff.

Sockets and ratchet
Wrenches
Zip Ties
Channel-Locks
Leatherman
Phillips Screwdriver
Standard Screwdriver
tire levers (The motion pro T7 combo lever/axle wrench)
first aid kit to deal with anything that might happen when hauling ass out there on the dirt.

but then again, I'm on an 'R' model :p

• don87xr600

Posted December 13, 2005 - 09:46 AM

5 bucks for starbucks! :applause:

• wheelnut46

Posted December 13, 2005 - 10:19 AM

Hey give me a break, it's my first streetbike.
What's with all the hostility toward the 'L' model?

• deej

Posted December 13, 2005 - 10:31 AM

Hey Wheelnut46, I think he was just kidding, if not don't pay attention to him. I looked up you're bike, and I think it's a nice looking machine. I don't know what he's talking about. I too just got a new bike, the 2006 KLX 250s, So JackAttack what do you have to say about that? :applause:

deej

• Supplicate

Posted December 13, 2005 - 10:31 AM

Hey give me a break, it's my first streetbike.
What's with all the hostility toward the 'L' model?

lurk a few more months and you might get it :applause:

• NYKTM

Posted December 13, 2005 - 10:44 AM

wheelnut the "R" model is revered for it's Baja rated power and durability. The "L" model is known for it's weight and detuned engine.

It's a nice bike but alot of these guys are dirt riding the four stroke and street riding a big 650 will not appeal to them.

The trick is to find a license plated XL605R. Or in my case I found a plated KTM, went down in size a bit because I'm not street riding it really.....

• wheelnut46

Posted December 13, 2005 - 10:44 AM

oh, ok I get it. The hostility is caused by the frustration of having to wrench on the bike just to get it street legal then the constant worry that dirt might clog the radiator.
It's ok, I understand. I have friends that drive Fords.

BUWAHAHAHAHA

Just funnin' with ya.

• JackAttack

Posted December 13, 2005 - 10:49 AM

I too just got a new bike, the 2006 KLX 250s, So JackAttack what do you have to say about that? :p

deej

Brave of you to come out of the closet on TT. :applause:

Post a pic when you get your rainbow graphics on.

Should'nt you be in the Husky forum looking for a date?

:ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • roadcam

Posted December 13, 2005 - 01:57 PM

regarding your toolbag contents, .. for your 'L' model, an empty toolbag is just about what you will need ... some of us do carry TOOLS in it, for riders of other models ... :applause:

• deej

Posted December 13, 2005 - 02:32 PM

Brave of you to come out of the closet on TT. :applause:

Post a pic when you get your rainbow graphics on.

Should'nt you be in the Husky forum looking for a date?

:ride:

Hey how did you know I was husky? LOL all in fun guys. Here's my new bike.

deej

http://www.kawasakif...45BAF286423.jpg

• wr450fyamaha

Posted December 13, 2005 - 02:53 PM

:applause: :ride:

I carry a bunch of stuff.

Sockets and ratchet
Wrenches
Zip Ties
Channel-Locks
Leatherman
Phillips Screwdriver
Standard Screwdriver
tire levers (The motion pro T7 combo lever/axle wrench)
first aid kit to deal with anything that might happen when hauling ass out there on the dirt.

but then again, I'm on an 'R' model :p

why go through all that? i just pack some rubbers, never know when youll need em.

• don87xr600

Posted December 13, 2005 - 03:23 PM

That's a good idea, you'll want to be prepared when it finally happens to you for the first time.

• JackAttack

Posted December 13, 2005 - 03:32 PM

That's a good idea, you'll want to be prepared when it finally happens to you for the first time.

Give him and his boyfriend some credit Don.....at least they are using protection.

• Supplicate

Posted December 13, 2005 - 03:44 PM

why go through all that? i just pack some rubbers, never know when youll need em.

lets see here...

100 miles out from nowhere, on the dirt, hauling ass on the 650R and something goes wrong.

would you rather have a few rubbers in your pocket or have enough gear to get your ass home?

• TREADMARKS

Posted December 13, 2005 - 04:04 PM

Now that's funny :applause:

• TREADMARKS

Posted December 13, 2005 - 04:07 PM

lets see here...

100 miles out from nowhere, on the dirt, hauling ass on the 650R and something goes wrong.

would you rather have a few rubbers in your pocket or have enough gear to get your ass home?

Sometimes, I will pack a bottle of Cabo Wabo, a couple of lemons and a cell phone to call for help. :applause:

By then, I would be in no hurry to get rescued. :ride:

• Old_Man_Time

Posted December 13, 2005 - 04:53 PM

I thought they came with a plug wrench and a owners manual. Those stock fender bags are not all that useful. Replace it with a Chase Harper rear fender bag (they have a lifetime warrantee). Then you will have room to carry enough tools to totally dismantle the bike in the field. Not a likely scenario on a Honda but you never know. :applause:

• motomonte

Posted December 14, 2005 - 04:05 AM

You may also want to carry a little epoxy for repairing the cases in case of a nasty tip over.My bike came with all the tools until I forgot to close the bags ziper.Also you may change all of the slotted screws with socket heads so you will only need a few hex wrenches.they take up less space in the smallish tool bag and are less prone to stripping.Hapy roosting.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.