Gray Wire Free Mod for '05 WR450F

8 replies to this topic
  • B-Rock

Posted December 13, 2005 - 07:32 AM

I was wondering that because I will be using my bike for mostly on-road riding (see the Thread "Lets say half Supermoto)..... I can hear the boo's already........... should I even bother with the gray wire mod?

Do I really want YZ timing if I am on the street and occasionally gone for long highway rides to visit outta town friends? :applause:

Let me know what ya think :ride:

• baha

Posted December 13, 2005 - 08:15 AM

I don't think this si a issue on bikes sold outside of the US. Might er wrong and I use mine arond town as well!!!!!

• tmckeown

Posted December 13, 2005 - 08:42 AM

I was at the dyno on monday and tested the difference with and without gray wire. Only difference was bit over horsepower on top, thats all.

Timo Mc

• B-Rock

Posted December 13, 2005 - 10:46 AM

Actually my bike came from and all.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • scothran

Posted December 13, 2005 - 12:14 PM

I cut the grey wire and trimmed my throttle stop to yz length on my 05' WR450 and noticed a big difference. Before I did the mod the bike felt like a slug. I ride long distances sometime and it runs great.

• Matty05

Posted December 13, 2005 - 11:24 PM

Actually my bike came from and all.

That's nothing to be proud of...................
Just get a vortex ignition. Plug and play baby!

• WheelsUp

Posted December 14, 2005 - 12:30 AM

Cut it. No need for a toggle switch.
The grey wire retards the timing by some 30 degrees above 6000rpm.
It makes a difference.

YZ cam, you may or may not want it. I would, and felt NO loss of power in the bottom end. If anything, it smoothed out some of the dead spots in the powerband... it's now a very smooth, solid application of power from any RPM.

• B-Rock

Posted December 14, 2005 - 01:58 PM

Sorry..... didnt know caring about the environment wasn't somthing to be proud of. :applause:

• rich1167

Posted December 14, 2005 - 02:05 PM

I think they are all green sticker legal sold in the US. Anyway most of us remove all the stuff that makes it Green sticker legal.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.