wr400 RATTLING

4 replies to this topic
  • 69jamie69jamie

Posted December 13, 2005 - 04:01 AM

Hi I Have A 99 Wr4oo And All It Seems To Do Is Rattle. I Thought It Was My Chain But I Tightened That And It Still Carries On. Its Like One Rattle Every Second When Im Out Of The Powerband And Too Loud To Hear When Im In It. Its Driving Me Crazy. Any Ideas??????? Wb Jamie

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted December 13, 2005 - 04:29 AM

Does it do it when you are sitting still or only when you are moving? A correctly adjusted chain will still slap the hell out of the top of the swingarm. If you haven't done it yet, use a strong adhesive to glue the swingarm guard to the top of the swingarm. That thing beats up the swingarm and is very loud in doing so.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bluebike1999

Posted December 13, 2005 - 01:28 PM

hey Jamie
you may notice a few of us 400 owners are starting to say the same thing.
got a feeling they are reaching the stage that we will keep mechanics in work.

Think its time for a 450 for me, once i get mine quiet enough to sell to someone who doesnt know about thumpertalk.

I will tell them that if they have any trouble, to log on here and someone will know whats wrong, thats after they pay for it.

from what i can gather, first get your valves checked.
after that check some of the posts on the main page at the moment.

• 69jamie69jamie

Posted December 14, 2005 - 12:35 PM

thanks mate great minds think alike, although mines worrying cos i only had a ful engine rebuild 500 miles ago. kind regards jamie

• SJMC_DON

Posted December 14, 2005 - 12:49 PM

Does it do it when you are sitting still or only when you are moving? A correctly adjusted chain will still slap the hell out of the top of the swingarm. If you haven't done it yet, use a strong adhesive to glue the swingarm guard to the top of the swingarm. That thing beats up the swingarm and is very loud in doing so.

Yeah, that one scared me for a while......... TM designs chain slide, worth every penny of the $70 price tag, it will be the last chain slide you ever buy too :applause:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.