wr front wheel on yz

2 replies to this topic
  • gmiles

Posted December 13, 2005 - 03:45 AM

I have got hold of a wr426 year 2002 front wheel which I wanted to use on my year 2000 yz426.
I thought I could use the spacers from the yz but oh no the gear unit assembly on the wr wheel is in the way. I can't take this off as this holds the bearing.
I have had a look on the yamaha website under the parts catalogue and it looks like the wr426 doesn't use a spacer on that side of the wheel. Maybe it uses a different size wheel axle.
I guess I could get the hubs swapped but that seems like a lot of work.
Does anybody know what I could do so that I can use this wheel.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MTRSPORTDAN

Posted December 13, 2005 - 08:18 AM

You will have to get a wr speedo pick up. It replaces the spacer that your yz has. It uses the same axle. I did this on my yzf. I got a great deal on a set of wheels off a wr and luckily the guy was parting the whole bike out and he gave me the speedo pick up with the wheels. I haven't looked in to a piece that gets rid of the speedo pick up but I know that someone makes one for the xr650 so it may be possible that they do it for the wr.

• ncmountainman

Posted December 13, 2005 - 11:10 AM

barnum pro makes a replacement for thr odo drive,and someone else too,just can't remember :applause:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.